Because I'm cheap/frugal/in medical school, I was thrilled that it was cooling down so that I could finally turn my AC off (it's been pretty hot since I moved, hence me running it continuously). However, I didn't think about how this would affect me in the morning. It. Was. Freezing. I slept in a sweatshirt and gym shorts last night and I had to dig a blanket out of the linen closet to wear as a skirt this morning so my poor trunk wouldn't fall off from lack of blood circulation (I don't care if it's not technically medically possible - I'm the doctor here...ish).
Anyway, I woke up and immediately sat down and did some biochem. During my first break, I went and got some watermelon to munch on.
Then I did some more biochem until 11:00 a.m. when it was time to go to the gym. Being that it was Labor Day, only three of the nine Grand Rapids YMCAs were open. Then I found out that the downtown one was closed due to a power outage. That probably would explain why the Spartan Stores one was crazy crowded. Like so crowded that when I pulled into the parking lot, I immediately looked around to see if there was an event nearby that people were using this parking lot for. I mean, c'mon, Americans don't like exercise.
Anywho, once I was all changed and ready to go upstairs and claim my favorite treadmill (it's kind of off in a corner with optimal creeper capacity), I nearly stopped dumbstruck when I saw that nearly all of the 30 treadmills were in use. And some d-bag was on my treadmill. Boo. So I was forced to run my 3.1 miles on a different treadmill. I only stopped once (to reset the treadmill due to their stupid 30-minute limit) and then kept going. It felt really good and I'm finally able to run without getting a stitch in my side (which means my breathing is deeper and thus, better). The only bad thing about the run was that my stupid iPod shuffle stopped working. It did this yesterday, too. I thought that perhaps it was because the battery wasn't charged, but I left it plugged in overnight. And since my music is the only thing that I focus on while I'm running, this made the last 0.9 miles very long and unpleasant. Boo, iPod, boo. I've seriously only used the stupid thing a dozen times. And yes, I know I have an iPod classic, but I like how the shuffle clips on to my shirt and it was super nice to have during my first ever 5k (btw, why haven't you donated to my second 5k?). So, I did what anyone would do. I researched the cheapest legit iPod shuffle and bought a new one on Amazon. It should arrive by Thursday. And it's way better than my current one because you can actually skip tracks. I'm taking this as a sign that I was supposed to get a new one...
After the gym, I headed to meijer because I forgot a few things yesterday. I also decided to splurge (diet-wise, not monetarily) and get a cinnamon roll. I seriously have been dreaming about eating one the past two nights, so I got one and it absolutely satisfied that craving. Glad I just bought one though. Had I gotten a package of them, they'd probably all be gone...
After meijer, I headed home and bundled up. I looked like a UM-supporting gangster:
![]() |
| Yes, these clothes are a bit too big now, but damn, they're comfy! |
When I finally had lunch, it was leftovers from yesterday and oats:
Then I switched to physiology and did that for a few hours before stopping for a not-so-yummy dinner. Yesterday, I threw some shrimp from the freezer into the fridge to defrost, but I wasn't feeling it for dinner since I wasn't very hungry. So, I decided I'd go with a salad. But I didn't want just any salad. I wanted a salad with apples in it. So, I had a spinach, apple, and walnut salad. But the dressing kind of ruined it.
| Boo on you, raspberry vinaigrette! |


That salad looks AWESOME! I'm going to have to try and make it... You're also awesome and I started a SparkPeople account. :) Love you so much!!! xoxoxoxoxo <3
ReplyDelete