Last night I went to bed around 1:00 a.m. and decided I wouldn't set an alarm and just get up when my body felt rested. At 11:50 a.m., I was startled to see it was so late but not shocked. I got up, checked my e-mail, weighed myself (208.4 pounds), and then showered so I could begin my prelab for anatomy.
Since I didn't think I'd have much time this evening, I decided to spend time cooking lunch since I had about 3 hours until anatomy lab. So, I made baked quesadillas.
They were pretty tasty, but I didn't add enough cilantro so they weren't as flavorful as I thought they'd be. Then I spent forever doing my prelab and only finished 4/14 pages. Gah. That's because we started head and neck and I have to memorize all the bones in the head as well as the holes, processes, tubercles, etc. Well, here's a picture and it's not even everything I have to know:
Not fun. Anyway, I spent the rest of my free time prelabbing and then threw on some scrubs and my Needtobreathe t-shirt since their new album was released today (and is amazing!).
Once I got to lab, the instructor went over a few of the most commonly missed questions on the lab portion of the exam yesterday. I'm not really sure why she felt it necessary to do that because it pretty much just resulted in everyone being pissed off. "We didn't give you credit if you wrote 'thoracolumbar fascia' because it was in the posterior region, so you needed to have written 'posterior region of thoracolumbar fascia.'" I have a few choice words for her. And really, telling us that details such as those are essential after we have taken the exam is not so helpful. But the thing that really made me angry is that she said it all with a smirk on her face, like she thought it was funny that we didn't do well. Ughs.
Anyway, lab itself was pointless. It was a lot of looking up bones and stuff, so I left after about 20 minutes. I went and picked up my anatomy exam results and found that I didn't fail. Woo hoo! I got 8.5 wrong out of 60, which counts as mastery of the subject.
I got home around 3:45, switched my Apple appointment to earlier, and headed to the mall on the other side of town. I stopped at Dick's on my way and bought new lifting gloves (I lost my other pair and my hands are getting torn up without them), got some new (smaller) bras like the ones I bought yesterday (they only had 2 in my size at that store, so I got 2 more today), and then got my eyebrows waxed by Heather, Matt's sister. Heather is about 7 months pregnant but she looks like she could burst any second now. She's awesome and it was nice to see a friendly, non-med school face for once. Her pregnant belly, however, is terrifying. Definitely not going to be an obstetrician or gynecologist, that's for sure.
After getting my brows done, I headed to the Apple Store to return the replacement iPod they sold me because it didn't charge. They simply gave me a new one for was free since it was still under warranty. Sweet. I went and said goodbye to Heather and left.
On my way home, I stopped at the gym, decided I was just too exhausted, and came home instead. I haven't worked out since Saturday. Yikes. But when I got home, I set to work on my histology prelab and now I'm updating you. I'm actually going to head to bed in a few because despite getting a solid 10.5 hours of sleep last night, I'm dragging really badly. I hope that I'm not so exhausted for four hours of lecture tomorrow.
Catch you later!


Hello love!! Keep up the good work! I'm so proud of you for passing your anatomy lab test and for making a healthy lunch! You're amazing <3
ReplyDelete