Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Challenge!

Hi all! Sorry for the lack of communication (yet again)! I went to Colorado for Memorial Day Weekend and didn't have a chance to blog beforehand (because I was laundering and packing like a maniac) or during (because we were legit busy everyday). So, here is a photo update of what Colorado was like! Then we shall move on to the June Challenge!


Day One:
Olympic Training Center
First Stop: Olympic Training Center
I'm as strong as the olympic athletes
Athletes...ooh la la 
The athletes work out 4-6 hours a day
Pikes Peak
We rode the Cog Railway up the mountain
It was a tad cramped
But well worth it!
Gorgeous
At the summit - it was 17°F
We bought donuts that were featured on the Food Network
Garden of the Gods
At Garden of the Gods
Senior Pictures!
Co's Senior Pic!
Anna's Senior Pic
Good thing we were here to hold up this rock 
We love senior pictures 




Day Two:
White Water Rafting
It was 8:30 a.m.
The river
Us with our guide
Horseback Riding
Us at Sombrero Ranch
Rocky Mountains
View from the ranch
Day Three
Denver Capital
Loving one mile above sea level
Denver Zoo
The three of us at the zoo






Cheesecake Factory
Yum!!
I hope you enjoyed all the photos! I'm missing Colorado pretty badly right now. Well, not really Colorado as much as those two lovely ladies. It was so nice to be with friends again.


Anyway, on to my June challenge. I'm hoping that it will be better than my Two-Week Challenge in that it won't be interrupted by being sick again. So, let's talk about what the June Challenge will include:

  1. No dessert (I think I ate enough dessert last month for probably the entire year)
  2. Work out at least 5x a week
  3. Track all of my food everyday
  4. Weigh in every Wednesday
  5. Lose 4 pounds by June 15 and 8 total pounds by June 30
Here we go again. I'm feeling motivated. I know I can do it if I want to do it. Also, Anthony is going to do a June Challenge with me. He's going to run three times a week and find a gym at home that caters to him. We haven't set up any type of check-in, but I'm thinking we'll keep each other accountable.

If you'd like to join our June Challenge, please leave a comment below and we can continue to keep each other motivated!

2 comments:

  1. Hey darling! I am absolutely up for a June challenge! I set a two-week challenge for myself, but am definitely not gonna make it :( I need to get on an exercise routine.
    I'd like to commit to working out 3 days a week with encouragement to do 5. I also commit to one dessert a week and eating healthy portions.
    I've taken a cue from you and started a Word doc with positive things about myself. :)
    I'm so glad that you had fun in Colorado! I miss you lots n lots!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "June Challenge" doesn't start until halfway through the month... but I signed up for a twice a week "boot camp" workout (through the same league I play dodgeball for). My Challenge: I am NOT allowed to skip, even if I really really hate it after the first day. And EVEN if I'm the fattest slowest most-unfit person there.. I MUST go.

    Hold me to this, kay?

    ReplyDelete