Monday, June 13, 2011

One pound short

Last night I couldn't fall asleep. I stayed up until about 2:30 a.m. and then decided against going to the gym in the morning for fear of being too exhausted during the day. But don't you worry, I'm going tomorrow morning to make up for it! After all, gotta make sure I fulfill my challenge within a challenge this week!


So, anywho, this morning, I had the same breakfast I've been crazy about for a while now and it was just as delicious. I also enjoyed a banana, courtesy of my mom. She brought some bananas over this weekend because she knows I like them spotted and that's simply too ripe for her. Her loss, my gain.
After scarfing down breakfast, I got some snacks ready for work:
Once everything was together, I rode my bike to work. It was an awesome ride. The weather was perfect and I was really excited to be out on the road again. However, once at work, the excitement kind of died. I didn't have much to do and was only too happy once lunch time rolled around so I could come home and enjoy this:
Fortunately, after work, I finally had some things to do and kept myself busy until the end of the day. And it looks as though I'l have stuff to do tomorrow. Thank goodness! It's so hard to go to work when you know you've got nothing to do.


After work, I went to training with Mark where I had a weigh-in. I only lost 2 pounds since last Monday, which is a bummer because I was supposed to lose 3. I don't think there was much more I could do. I was pretty active and was really good with my eating. So, I'm thinking I need to up the intensity of my workouts so I can lose 3 pounds by next week. If I don't, Mark's going to steal my kindle for a week. And I can't have that. As I said yesterday, I'm waaaay to dependent on that thing.


After training with Mark, I stayed and did 30 minutes on the elliptical, switching going backward and forward every two minutes. I like doing that because, strangely, it makes the time pass faster.


Once I was home from the gym, I made myself another protein shake that was as awesome as the one from Saturday. I added some raspberries to the mix.

And while I was chugging this down, I tried to find something that I could make quickly because I was super hungry. So, I made this concoction:
I started with a tortilla and cheese 
I shredded up some chicken from Saturday
I added some onions
Then I added some of the rice left over from Saturday

I threw it in the oven for 4 minutes at 350°F 
And then rolled it up and ate it
It was not the best thing I'd ever eaten, but it was satisfying and super easy to make. I still have some leftover chicken, so we shall see what I can make up next.

Anywho, as pathetic as it sounds, I'm actually going to head to bed. I'm absolutely pooped and I need to be rested up for my workout tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you and love you lots. I'm so proud of you for all of your hard work! You're doing great :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete