After getting back from Colorado mid-day on Tuesday, I hit the ground running. I had quite a bit to do at work this week and lots of appointments. Fortunately, knowing that my friend Kyle was coming to visit was motivation to finish up the week strong. However, there wasn't a whole lot for us to do, being that I live in Midland. Pretty much we just spent the night hanging out in my apartment.
Saturday morning we went to Omelets and More (I know it's spelled wrong...) where they botched my order and took forever. But, once we both had our food, we enjoyed it!
After brunch, we went and got a mani/pedi and then Kyle had to head back home as he left for NYC today for his summer internship doing law stuff. Sad, sad, sad.
After Kyle left, I decided I should go blading. I went to the rail trail and bladed a whopping 7 miles! Unfortunately, about 1.5 miles before my epic blading adventure ended, I found myself on my ass. That's right - I fell. Hard. On my butt. I caught myself with my hands (kind of) and ended up with a little bit of road burn (the speckles on my hands below).
I also kind of hurt my left wrist and managed to bruise my thumb. You can't see it very well in the pic above, but my left thumb is pretty blue. But, that's what happens when you become too confident, I guess.
After blading, I headed to my mom's house for dinner with her and my sister. She made flank steak, potato casserole, and corn. She also made cream puff pie for dessert. I'm not sure how to describe it, except that it's amazing. But, I gave up desserts for June, so I didn't have any. She told me I could have a little piece, but I don't think she understands how breaking my no-dessert rule would result in a downward spiral of me driving through to get cake pops everyday, stopping to get cookies, eating tons of ice cream, etc. So, I said no and watched my sister devour what looked like an awesome piece of cream puff pie.
After dinner, I headed out and went to Alicia's house to chat a bit before we went and saw the newest X-Men movie. It was actually pretty good. I won't give away too much of it, but it definitely explained the back story way more than the little blips of flashbacks did during the first three films.
Today, I woke up rather late and gathered my laundry to take to my mom's house. While my laundry was going, my mom, sister, and I hung out by the pool. I got in for a little while and ran for about 10 minutes. I know it's not much, but as I don't really run at all (since I'm not supposed to because of my knees), I thought it would be good to get some kind of exercise in since I haven't been to the gym since Wednesday (I've been roller blading instead).
While my laundry was finishing, my mom fed me (barbecued chicken!) and then I headed out to go blading again, despite my accident yesterday. Today, I did 5 miles since it was getting late and then headed home to update you all on my life.
Anyway, so far my June Challenge is going really well. But, I'm going to add weekly challenges to spice things up a bit. This week's challenge is morning and evening work outs. I'm going to head to the gym at 5:30 tomorrow for about 45 minutes worth of cardio. I'm meeting my friend Ali there. I saw her at Smitty's last week and discovered she's living in Midland so we're hoping to motivate each other to get to the gym more. Hopefully she's up for an early week this week!

You are an inspiration. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you for saying no to dessert! You're amazing
ReplyDelete