During the morning, I had a few things to do and Dillon helped for some of it. He's fun to hang out with when I don't have much to do because he's actually my age, doesn't have kids, and thinks that his job is boring, too.
At lunch, I had an English muffin pizza and a hunk o' turkey. And since I was still a bit hungry, I had a South Beach protein bar on my way back to work.
During the afternoon, my work list began to dwindle. I forced Dillon to do physicals for some new oils with me and was entertained for about an hour. Then, I began being inefficient to waste some time. Fortunately I had just enough to last me through the day. Tomorrow's probably going to be painful though. Womp, womp.
After work, I tried to donate blood, but my hematocrit was a 33. Your hematocrit is the percentage of blood volume made up of red blood cells. For women, it's supposed to be a 38. So, yeah, mine was a bit low. I'm not surprised since it's my "lady time," as Mark calls it.
I left the hospital disappointed and then went home for a little food before going blading. I had a slice of pizza from yesterday. Yum!
After my pizza snack, I went tanning (I'm trying to get a base tan before Colorado) and then went blading like the bamf that I am. I was going to go to the gym, but my thighs are killing me from my workout yesterday. So, I decided blading was the way to go. Plus, I like blading way more than I like the treadmill. Plus, the rail trail is a great place to blade.
![]() |
| The rail trail |
Mostly, I just like that the rail trail is flat and like an exclusive little happy fitness trail. Everyone says hi as you pass each other. Also, it's just pretty (and historic).
![]() |
| The river |
Anyway, once I got to the 1.5 mile mark, I decided to turn around because the skies were starting to darken and I didn't want to be caught in a storm like any of those we've been having lately.
On my way home, I decided to grab some Jimmy John's instead of making dinner since it was already 7:30.
Yum! And though I really wanted to stop at Tim Horton's (which is conveniently right across the street), donuts count as dessert and I've given up dessert for a while. So, I went straight home where I parked myself on the couch to watch Glee, blog, and work on some applications.
Also, did you guys see the Bachelorette last night? There was some guy on there who was 31, had two masters, a doctorate, had run 39 marathons and visited over 70 countries. I would like to marry him, please!
What kind of exercise is actually fun for you?






More hellos! love love loooooove you! miss you lots dear. Also, ive noticed a lack of daily affirmations! your last one was may 10th. i believe more are in order dear! like "I am a BAMF" and "I am awesome at videotaping my best friend Lisa trying to kill a Tennessee cockroach" you know, stuff like that.
ReplyDeleteI'd also like to say that i hate exercising but i think casual swimming and wii zumba are currently my faves :) i abhor running and do it only for no other reason than i need to be healthier than i am. <3
okays. love you! <3
Zumba. Zumba is fun. But only in retrospect. Not when you're sweating bullets and about to die.
ReplyDelete