Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The [Almost] Forty Pound Post

That's right. I made it! Kinda...


Here's last week:
And here's this week:
So, it's a 1.2 pound loss. And, I'm down 39.6 pounds, which rounds to 40 pounds! Yeah, cheap, I know. I'll be there by next week, I promise.


And because I didn't post yesterday, here are the pictures of what I ate:




Today, I didn't get my butt out of bed early to go to the gym despite the fact that I went to bed at about 8:30 last night. Pathetic, I know. But the real reason I didn't get up is because my right knee was aching and I didn't want to irritate it further. Yup, that's a bit more legit sounding, isn't it?


Anywho, I got up at 7:00 a.m. (that's almost 11 hours of sleep!) and had a lovely breakfast.
Then I headed to work and was only a tiny bit late. Today was the day that Lubrizol's president James Hambrick was coming to visit CPI. Thus, everyone was super dressed up and ridiculously on task (or at least pretended to be). To be honest (and perhaps I'm too cynical to be in this kind of business...which is why I'm leaving for med school!!!), but I doubt James cared what people looked like. For example, Carrie wore a nice top, black pants, and black slipper/ballet shoes. Uh, did you forget that you work in a lab? With oil? Where you are most likely going to get dirty? Really? I, on the other hand, wore my typical jeans and t-shirt. And then before James came to do the lab rotation, Carrie came and asked me if I wanted to put my lab coat on because she'd get it for me. Um, no. I never wear my lab coat. It's heavy and big and I don't like it. And I'm not going to wear a lab coat to impress some man who's not even going to remember me... I swear. He's just another person. He doesn't even sign our paychecks! And he probably was bored out of his mind with people going out of their way for him/being incredibly fake around him. And to top things off, Mike came in the office and yelled at me because I didn't look busy (I guess I should tell you that I was reclined in my chair talking to Dillon). Uh, is there something I can do? No. Just figure out how to look like you're working. Riiiight. Or, you could give me work so I don't have to pretend...just a thought. And Dillon's supervisor told him the same thing. So, we cowered in the lab together trying to entertain each other.


Lunch was a tad more entertaining. I paid some bills and decided I should also pay my rent online for my East Lansing apartment. However, after seeing the $54 "convenience fee," I decided that snail mail was the way to go. Seriously? How can you justify a $54 convenience fee? I'd call that an inconvenience fee. Ridiculous. Anywho, my lunch was not ridiculous. Here it is:
After lunch, I got to sit around "looking busy" again and decided to do some med school financial stuff while I wasted away my time. I'm happy to report that everything is covered with federal loans and I don't need to research private loans anymore. Thank goodness. That's a relief! I also spent some time looking up recipes involving asparagus since I bought a bundle of it on Saturday even though I don't really like it... So, that being said, I went home immediately after work and made dinner.


I cooked some chicken that I marinated a long time ago, made some sweet potato fries, and made garlic sauteed asparagus. But, because my timing was a tad off, the fries and asparagus were done well before the chicken. And by the time I finished gobbling those up, I didn't want the chicken.
Please note how few of the fries were burnt. Win! And another win was that I video chatted with Lisa during dinner via my phone's wireless network. I wanted to try out video chatting using my phone rather than the internet I pay for because I don't plan on paying for internet while in med school and it worked! Woot. Wiiiiiiiiiin.


After dinner, I decided to go blading instead of going to the gym to keep things a bit more low-impact. And I bladed 11 miles. What up!? I decided that I was probably going to blade about 9 miles because I wasn't going to go to the gym in addition to blading, but then I hit my stride and was really enjoying myself and decided to keep on going. The furthest I've bladed before was 7 miles, so 11 miles is quite an accomplishment for me. I don't think I've ever had such fun blading before, so I'm really glad I went out tonight. And while I was out there, I met a couple who were also blading. The husband was trying to teach the wife. He told me she was doing awesome so far. They looked like they were in their mid-40s, so props to her for going out and learning to blade. I know it's hard so I definitely felt for her. Anywho, after my 11 mile journey, I headed to 7/11 to get a small slurpee to cool off.


Now I'm updating you to tell you all about my day. Exciting, I know. But not nearly as exciting as tomorrow's entry will be! I'll be wrapping up my June Challenge, relaying some thoughts, and getting pumped up for my July Challenge!


How'd your June challenges go?

1 comment:

  1. Hi darling! 11 miles!! YAY!!! Go Danika, go Danika, go go go!!! I'm not sure I kept up very well with my June challenges :( I'm in the middle of a 4 week challenge to lose 4lbs and I've gained 2lbs :( Kinda upset... I'm not even sure what I'm doing wrong. Booooo :/ Maybe I should try burnt sweet potato fries.... ;) Hee hee! LOVE YOU MOST! <3

    ReplyDelete