Anyway, I got up at 6:45 and got ready. I had the same thing for breakfast today as I did yesterday. And it was still yummy:
I also packed some goodies for the day:
At work, I was really pumped because Mike (and Carrie...boo) were back from their business trip and that meant that I would probably have stuff to do again! However, I was very wrong. Mike had nothing for me to do and said once he had something, he would e-mail me. In the mean time, I could read more thermo. Uh, that sucks. I hate going to work and having nothing to do. Again, I didn't study so hard in undergrad to have nothing to do. So, I was feeling pretty defeated. I was bitching to Sheli about how much I hate my job and then I got this e-mail:
I immediately freaked out and started shaking. I wanted to vomit, laugh, cry, do a happy dance, and scream on the top of my lungs...all at once. I texted my close friends and called my mom (who had to be pulled out of a school assembly) and nearly started crying when my mom got on the phone. I have been so beaten down by boredom, loneliness, and the lack of intellectual stimulation that I didn't know what I was going to do if I had to deal with another year of working at Lubrizol. But now I don't have to. That's right, folks. I'm going to be a doctor!
I pretty much shat away the rest of the morning talking on the phone, texting, and freaking out in general. Then I came home, paid my deposit, and ate an English muffin pizza. And because I was still in schock, I forgot to take a picture of my lunch. Sorry about that!
During the afternoon at work, I still didn't have much to do. Sheli and I went to Ace Hardware to
After work, I came home, changed into my gym clothes and gave my workout my all. I really, really, really don't want to be the fat girl at med school and so, I'm going to make some new goals right here and right now:
- I will go to the gym three times a week in the mornings
- I will do some kind of exercise after work everyday, be it going to the gym, rollerblading or riding my bike
- I will get my eating habits under control. This is going to be hardest the week before my period as I tend to binge during this time
- I will drink at least four bottles of water everyday
I'm also going to talk to Mark about some diet and cardio tips. But when I saw him at the gym today, we were too busy talking about how awesome we are for me to focus too much on exercise: I got into med school and it looks as though he'll be taking over as the head trainer at the Midland Community Center. He's amazing and totally deserves it, so I hope it works out for him!
Anywho, after the gym, I came home and finished up the last of my quesadilla leftovers. Yum!
Then I spent my night watching more of the Voice, talking on the phone, ghcat, and facebook with friends, and being humbled by all of the support and congratulations I received. And now, I'm going to head to bed early because I need to get my obese butt to the gym in the morning!


One-- Awesome job with the weigh-in this week!!!!!!! That is freaking awesome!!!! :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteTwo-- AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited reading today's post that I legit was hyperventilating as I read through the part about what you ate this morning so I could get the email!!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!!!
Awesome job on both counts, pretty (and super freaking smart!!!) doctor lady!!!! :) :) :)
OMG YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is all :)