Friday, June 10, 2011

A boring day in the life of a doctor-to-be

This morning I had a little bit of a problem. I set my alarm, it went off, and then I pushed "off" instead of "snooze." Not good. So, when I woke up again at 6:34, my gym time was long gone. Boo. But, don't you worry! I'm going to be there tomorrow bright and early whenever I get up.


For breakfast, I had the same thing as yesterday, plus a banana.
Then I headed to work to do absolutely nothing for basically an entire day. It was rough. The good news is I only have 39 more work days. Technically only 31.5 because I have 7.5 vacations days before I leave and you better believe I'm going to use every single one.


The nice thing about work was that Carrie, Sheli, Karie, Leslie, and I went to Genji's for lunch to celebrate me getting into med school. I love Genji's. I got the hibachi shrimp with vegetables. It was awesome! I didn't grab a pic though - sorry about that!


After work, I came home, watched a little bit of the Voice and then met up with my mom for dinner at Applebee's to celebrate my med school acceptance. I had the steak and garlic herb shrimp:
The potatoes were disgusting and the zucchini wasn't great, but I pretty much gobbled up the rest of it. Don't you worry though - it was on the under 550 calories portion of the menu. I also looked it up on my phone - it had 500 calories, 21g of fat (that's about half my daily minimum allotment) and 51g of protein (that's 90% of my daily minimum). So, it was a decent choice.


After dinner, we went to the mall so I could help my mom pick out her smartphone. She ended up settling for the iPhone. I think it was a good choice for her. I don't know that she'd be able to figure out an HTC...


After our mall excursion, we headed to my mom's house so I could fill out the FAFSA for med school and talk about how much debt I'm going to be in (again). Then I came home and finished my episode of the Voice. Now, I'm updating you guys quickly and then I'm off to bed because I'm tired and because I want to get up early and put in an awesome effort at the gym tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I loves you soooo much! I'm really excited for you and for your new goals! I know you can do it. You're gonna rock out med school and look super hot doing it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Applebee's yesterday and ordered the same thing! Totally agree with you about the potatos and veggies..blech. But the steak and shrimp was good!

    ReplyDelete