Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friday night in a basement

Right now, I am chilling in my basement. Please see below basement photo:
I'm doing my laundry. On a Friday night. Because I'm lame. Also, because I would rather do laundry tonight than tomorrow when I should be spending time at school learning more drugs. Woo...


Anywho, I just wanted to do a brief update since this week was insane. Mostly because we had an intense pharmacology exam on Wednesday and a not-as-intense exam this morning. And next week, we have two pretty intense ones. So, you are forewarned: posting will not be regular. You know, like it pretty much always is.


Okay. To the actual point of this entry (because I always have a point when I blog...). This June Challenge is really helping me get my butt to the gym. I would say that more than half the days this week, I really, really didn't want to go to the gym. I told myself I didn't have enough time or that I should spend that time studying or whatever. But, because it's the June Challenge and I told myself I'd go every single day, I had to go every single day. Yeah. Betcha you couldn't have figured that out without me spelling it out for you. You're welcome.


I think my running form is getting better. My knees don't seem to hate me so much for running, but after yoga on Monday (with so many lunges), they were not a fan. It was one of those take-the-maximum-dose-of-ibuprofen-every-four-hours-on-the-hour nights so that I could fall asleep that night and the next day so the inflammation in my knees would go down. It's mostly the right one that's giving me issues. My left one is supposedly the one that is misaligned more, but the right one sucks the most. Go figure.


Anyway, yoga yesterday was so, so hard. The instructor was all, "Let's do planks all hour long!" I mean, not really. But that's how it felt. I was struggling majorly to do them and after the third or so rotation, I was lame and did them on my knees, which is a beginner's plank. But whatever. My core was all, "You are totally a beginner right now." So, that was that. At least I went.
Knee plank: Source
And I must say, it was a pretty good workout for my poor hamstrings, which were so, so tight it was ridiculous. I blame the lunges from Monday. I'm pretty sure they're unrelated, but I'm blaming them anyway.


My eating has been pretty legit, though I'm not going to lie - I haven't been logging everything. Nor have I been taking photos. Although the lack of photos is mostly because I misplaced my camera. Don't worry, I found it again. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.


And the no dessert/no alcohol thing wasn't as much of an issue this week as it was last week when I was PMSing like crazy and all I wanted to do was eat all the foods.


Well, that's pretty much all I've got. Tomorrow I'm hitting up a class at the Y called Total Body Sculpt with some friends. It targets all the major muscle groups which means that lifting today was probably not such a hot idea (you're not supposed to work the same muscle groups two days in a row because they need to rest), but my biceps are tiny and I want them to be bigger. So I guess I'll be hurting and it'll be my own fault. Per usual.


Alright - I'm going to watch some more lectures whilst my clothes dry. I've got one more load that needs to dry so tonight is going to be a pretty late night, buuuut at least it will have been somewhat productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment