So I didn't think I'd post today as I am going to a baseball game tonight, but I have a bit of time on my hands (which I should really be using to do something else). So, I shall do an update of the day so far. Yes, you should feel as though Christmas has come early. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you should feel that way. Juuust kidding, but thanks for reading!
I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and ate some eggs and oats.
This morning was our latest sign-in time. We didn't have to be at the Secchia Center until 8:30 a.m. But as I wasn't ready to go until 8:22, I hauled my bike upstairs from the basement and decided to bike there. I made it there in about 5 minutes and really loved the ride. Sigh. How I miss biking and blading.
Our first presentation was about library resources at MSU. Really? That's definitely not the first thing I want to hear about in the morning. The second presentation was much worse though. It was about research and the dangers of plagiarism. For an hour. Gross. Then we got a quick break to pick up our MSU IDs and then it was back to sitting and being talked at. This last presentation was about financial aid. The average amount of debt for an MSU med student? $238,000. That's like a house - a really nice house. Ridiculous.
The presentation ended early. So instead of a noon lunch time, I left at 11:20. That was awesome because I only packed grapes for a snack today and was afraid my stomach would be growling if those were supposed to hold me until noon. But I got to eat lunch before noon!
When I got back home, I had a package waiting for me. As I spent most of yesterday afternoon buying more med school stuff, I was shocked at how fast the shipping was. But it wasn't medical supplies. It was a package from Lisa! She sent me a lovely card and Med School in a Box.
Included was a book about some common med school mnemonics and good things to know, flashcards of important people in medicine, and a little pack of awesome questions. Here's my favorite one so far (number 11):
The correct answer is d (in case you were wondering). Also, I hope you enjoyed question 12 (which is false).
Anywho, after enjoying this package from Lisa, I ate about 3/8 of a cantaloupe while the rest of my food was cooking. And because I fail, I totally forgot to take a picture of it! It was an English muffin pizza, some turkey, and a lot of watermelon.
I spent the time after lunch cleaning up the kitchen area a bit. I finished chopping up my delicious cantaloupe and I also removed the tails from my shrimp for dinner tonight since I only have about 45 minutes for dinner.
I also put my Med School In A Box degree on my fridge, right above my skydiving certificate:
Now I'm updating you! This afternoon, I am taking a practice board exam. I'm sure it will go terribly. But that's because I literally don't have any knowledge of anything on the exam yet. They just want us to take it (and fail) so they have baseline data.
Alright, now I need your advice. Today's groupon is registration for a 5K on Sunday. For those of you who don't know, a 5K is about 3.1 miles. Right now I can only run one mile without stopping (to my knowledge - I haven't pushed myself any further) I'm flirting with the idea of signing up for it just to see if I can do it.
The only problem is that I'm not sure I should do it. The race starts at 9:00 a.m. and should only take an hour (max), but it's also the same day as my white coat ceremony and I'm not sure I want to kill myself before the ceremony. Thoughts? I have until midnight tonight to decide. I seriously want opinions, so make sure you leave a comment!


Hi darling! I'm so glad you liked the box! :) Did you have fun at the ball game? The Nashville Sounds game I went to was kinda boring, but oh well :) Such is baseball :P
ReplyDeleteAs for your 5k, I think if it WASN'T white coat ceremony day I'd say do it, but you have to think about that, as well as: how would you feel if you couldn't do it? Or had to walk the last half? Would that be motivating or disappointing? Would it be a downer for you at the ceremony? I would say no ONLY because I don't want you to feel disappointed at this very important event in your life :) I also wouldn't want you to feel any sort of rush getting ready for the ceremony later in the day.
I would say don't do it. I would give more explanation, but Lisa seems to have covered it. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteWell, I officially signed up before I saw either of your comments. I went to the gym this afternoon and tried my hand at running 3.1 miles. I was able to do it walking only 0.5 miles. It took me about 41 minutes. So, I should be able to run/walk it and still get back in time for all the ceremony things. My mom informed me she'll be here around 11/11:30 so I'll be back with plenty of time.
ReplyDeleteThanks to you both!
wow.. hope you've got some cream ready for your knees, that barefoot looks painful!!
ReplyDelete