Sunday
I woke up bright and early and had some overnight oats again before going out for a nice 7 mile blade.
When I went out on the trail, it was about 10:45 a.m. and 77°F. When I got back around noon, it was 88°F and I was severely dehydrated. Fortunately, my favorite coffe shop was open and I got a delicious smoothie!
After my smoothie, I donated two more bags of goodies to Goodwill and then headed home to make a delicious salad.
![]() |
| Spinach, walnuts, feta, and loads of strawberries |
It was after my shower that I realized I really should have put sunscreen on when I went blading. I'm usually really good about sunscreening it up, but I forgot and didn't think it would be that big of a deal. Guess I was wrong.
![]() |
| No, I'm not wearing a tank top - it just looks that way |
| ingredients for marinade |
| dip in the making |
| so yummy! |
![]() |
| Jenna fed me while I cooked the chicken - what are best friends for? |
| dinner |
![]() |
| Jenna should be a food model |
![]() |
| We started out by taking pics of ourselves |
![]() |
| Then Gavin DeGraw came out |
![]() |
| He was really amazing live |
![]() |
| During the set change, we took more pictures. Mostly we just wanted pics of the guy's crotch behind us ;-) |
| Next up was Train |
![]() |
| Pat Monahan may be old, but he's still good live |
| Us with Train, obvi |
| It was hot, hence the shininess. Also, this was during Drops of Jupiter |
| In case we forgot their name, they put it on the screen for us |
![]() |
| Jenna was pumped once she remembered who was on stage |
![]() |
| After an exhausting set change, Maroon 5 took the stage! |
| I love me some Adam Levine |
We got home from the concert around midnight and I was pooped so I headed to bed immediately. I must say that Jenna was an amazing concert date and I wish she didn't have to live so far away because it was so much fun seeing her this weekend!
Monday
After standing during the concert last night, my knees were pretty angry at me. Like really angry. Perhaps the word irate would be a better fit. Anywho, I took ibuprofen before bed to placate them, but they were still pretty pissed this morning, so I skipped the morning gym session. I also paired my morning bagel with ibuprofen. It was a very good combination.
I was also in a bit of pain from my sunburn from yesterday. It seemed to have gotten darker. Womp, womp.
![]() |
| That's my owie face, in case you were wondering |
At lunch, I had another strawberry salad. It was yummy. I'm still trying to find the perfect dressing to pair with it. Right now I'm using an organic raspberry vinaigrette I got at Whole Foods and while it's okay, it's not great. Please leave suggestions if you have any!
After work, I came home and suited up for the gym. I thought Mark and I were training today, but apparently not. I ended up doing 25 minutes on a cross trainer and then I went and did 20 minutes of heart rate cycling on the elliptical. I was mostly likely sweating for every orifice of my body. I'm not exaggerating - the sweat was dripping off my arms. Thus, I had to go home and change before going to my mom's for homemade pizza.
Tonight was my brother's last night in Midland and I barely saw him during his trip, so I was glad to have been able to have dinner with him tonight. And there's a possibility that we're going to lunch tomorrow, so perhaps that will afford me another opportunity to see him. We shall see.
Also, Tristan stole my camera after dinner and started snapping random photos, so I leave you tonight with this lovely picture of my mother. See you guys tomorrow!
| Yes, this is where I get my classiness from |














Hi darling! I'm so glad you've been having fun :) What a great way to relax before starting med school! Love you lots and can't wait to see you soon! (I hope...depends on my work schedule :/ )
ReplyDeleteHmm... food + model do not really go hand-in-hand, do they?
ReplyDeletePS- More photos of Dka in a towel please and thank you :-)