Tuesday, August 2, 2011

KITTENS!

This morning I woke up nice and early at 5:45 a.m., turned off my alarm, and went back to sleep. My poor knees were aching and I decided to give myself one more morning off to let them rest before plowing back into working out again. So, stay tuned for tomorrow when I tell you about how miserable working out before the sun's up can be.


I had my typical bagel (with a side of ibuprofen) and headed off to work. I had a little bit of work to do in the morning and then went off to lunch at Genji's, a Japanese steakhouse, with my mom and brother. Though Genji's is usually awesome, lunch wasn't so great today mostly because the service was ridiculously slow. I ended up being super late for work after lunch because of how slow they were and had to say a super rushed goodbye.


After lunch, I had a bit of work to do (shocking, I know) and worked right up until 5:00 p.m. and then headed to the gym to work out with my new personal trainer Emily. She had a lot of really great energy and was good at motivating me. We did a bunch of stuff that I'd never done before and to be honest, it was a bit disheartening. And here's why: I've been working out with Mark since mid-October and though I've lost nearly 45 pounds, I still feel completely out of shape. The workout with Emily today was tough. When we did Bosu ball push-ups, I could barely do 8. Also, when we did Bosu ball crunches and and mini-crunches on an incline, I struggled a lot (and here's a pictureish of the crunches).
I didn't even get this much range of motion - I basically moved up and down a tiny bit


I think this was disheartening because I feel as though I should be able to do more by now. I definitely think a workout should be tough and I should be sweating by the end, but I don't think I should be struggling so much to do a few incline crunches and push-ups. I don't know - it just makes it hard to keep going when I feel like I'm never going to get there. But, I'm also trying to stay positive and be happy that I am doing things that are hard and that I'm learning new things that will help me get better and get there. Such a struggle.


Anywho, when I got home, I decided to make a protein-rich dinner. It was a 5-egg white omelette mixed with some onions, peppers, mushrooms, and turkey. I added some grapes to the side.

I like this pic because of the mushroom tumor
The omelette was pretty filling and I didn't eat all of it, mostly because I'm not entirely sure the omelette was cooked all the way through.
I don't usually leave food on my plate
But, I was able to find some room for some yummy oats!
After dinner, I headed to Alicia's house to meet her two new kittens and hang out a bit. I haven't seen her in a very long time, so it was awesome seeing her. And her kittens are pretty adorable, though much larger than I was expecting (probably because they're 4 months old).
Loki
Lola 
Lola likes feathers 
She's not such a fan of sharing though
Loki loves the bed 
Danikas love chilling on the bed with kitties
Lola is very intense
Loki is very concerned with his good looks 
Close-up with Loki
This is my favorite picture
After playing with the kittens and having a great time just chatting with Alicia, I headed home to blog it up and head to bed. Tomorrow I shall be getting up nice and early to head to the gym. Ughs. I'm already not excited. But, I am going to go. Ooh, I used italics so you know it's going to happen!

1 comment:

  1. Totes jealous! I wanna see kittens! I love you lots Danika and I wish we could fix your knees. I'm so proud of the work you are doing and I'm glad you're listening to your body. NO EXCUSES THOUGH!!! <3

    ReplyDelete