Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blogger's Guilt

I'm sorry for taking so much time off. Nobody tells you how ridiculous it is to move across the state. And I haven't even done it yet. I'm just prepping myself mentally. I'd like to have said "mentally and physically," but let's face it. I haven't done any packing. And now: an update!


Friday
I headed down to Ann Arbor for one last shebang (read: night o' drinking) before medical school.  I stayed with Anthony and he and I went to Jerusalem Garden for a delicious Mediterranean dinner.
Our spread included hummus, baba ganoush, fattoush and pita.
Mmm...fattoush!
My falafel and baba ganoush sandwich - delicious!
After dinner, we headed to MDen so Anthony could get a Michigan Alumni shirt and so that we could be twins!
We also got all the alcohol ready for the pregame we were having.
Eventually everyone came over and an inebriated night was had!
Jim and me - our first cute pic together! 
My favorite new teacher!
My first Irish car bomb 
Organic vodka
After our epic pregame, we headed to the club to dance. A good time was had by all, trust me. 


When we got back to Anthony's, Shelley (his roommate) insisted that we have drunk food, also known as Pizza House. So, I ended up having a milkshake and probably about oh, I don't know, four pieces of pizza. Yikes.


Saturday
Anthony and I woke up pretty early and headed to breakfast. I had a slight headache and he wasn't feeling 100% either, but alas, such is the life of a college graduate! We were, however, able to enjoy our breakfasts.
Large fruit bowl, which we split 
Anthony with his omelette
Me with mine
After breakfast, I headed home to nap and then went over to my mom's for some delicious salmon and to watch Lincoln Lawyer.
Shortly after the movie, I headed to Alicia's house to play with kittens and chat.


Sunday
My mother and I basically spent Sunday in the van. We drove to Grand Rapids to pick up my keys for my new place and to hunt for some furniture. Though we didn't find anything I needed, I did find a new entertainment center(ish) thing and some matching end tables. We ended up having dinner at Olive Garden (which is so not good for you, but oh so good!) around 5 so I was lucky my oh-so-nutritious breakfast held me until then.
Then it was back to Midland for more kitten time with Alicia with a special guest appearance by Lisa!


Monday
I had planned to wake up early and go to the gym, but I was exhausted and decided against it. Instead, I woke up at 7:30 a.m., rushed through my morning routine and made it to work at 8:05 a.m. During the morning, I did about an hour's worth of computer work and then sat around entertaining myself until lunch.


At lunch, I met up with Alicia and Lisa for Pi's, the best Chinese in Midland. I only made one trip up to the buffet and then simply sat and enjoyed the company of two of my best friends. Then it was back to work where I did hmm, let's see, um, nothing. Per usual.


After work, I met Lisa and Alicia at the community center. They were going to work out while I had my butt kicked by Mark, but then Mark invited them along. Alicia politely declined, but Lisa voluntarily worked her ass off with me. We were sweaty and struggling pretty much the entire time. And Lisa informs me that today she is walking bow-legged.


After our workout, we headed home for some steak and shrimp! The steak was just okay, but the shrimp was awesome!

And because I only have two kitchen chairs, I sat on my exercise ball, which, incidentally, is the perfect height for shoveling food into your mouth.
After dinner, Lisa and I ran to have my car checked out (my engine light came on and then went off after two days), ran to my mom's house, and then went blading/biking. Lisa rode her stepmother's bike while I bladed. We did a quick 5 mile loop and then headed back to my apartment where we met up with Alicia again.


We sat around watching tv, eating overnight oats (which, of course, weren't so overnight), and this awesome fat-free cake Lisa's stepmother gave us. It was a lovely night which ended when I kicked them out so I wouldn't die of exhaustion at work today.


Tuesday
Unfortunately, I am currently dying of exhaustion/boredom at work. There's really no point in me going to work because I have nothing to do and no one is looking to give me anything to do being that my job ends tomorrow. Meh. It's not like it's that out of the ordinary for me to spend a day doing nothing. But since I was bored and hungry, I left early for lunch. That's why I've finally got enough time to blog!


I've been feeling bad about not getting to it but there's so much to be done (and I should really be doing some of it now) before I move that I haven't even had the time to creep on other people's blogs!


Anywho, for lunch, I made my last spinach pizza. It was a tad deformed.

But, don't worry! It tasted just fine!
As for the rest of the day, I probably won't do anything of any significance at work. After work, I am going to see a table that hopefully will fit nicely in my new apartment. Then I'm off to the gym for a bit! Once I'm done getting my sweat on, Alicia and Lisa are heading over for some gnocchi and salad. What good friends they are, helping me eat all of my frozen food!


Thanks for reading! I am thinking the next few updates will be catch-up style like this, but we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi doll! I already told you my comments, but I just wanted you to know I LOVE YOU MOST!

    Ha. :D <3

    ReplyDelete