While I was on the phone with Matt, I did my daily weigh-in. Last week, the scale read this:
| That says 214.8 if you can't read it |
That's a 2.4 pound loss which is awesome. It also means that I only have 5.4 pounds to go until my goal. I'm going to have to start taking my morning workouts a bit more seriously if I want to get there. Boo - that means more early mornings. This is how I feel about that:
![]() |
| I took this at 5:55 a.m. I'm pretty sure happiness isn't allowed that early in the morning |
When I got back from the gym (I did a half hour on the elliptical since my knees were bothering me), I chowed down some overnight oats because I was starving.
| I didn't realize this was so blurry |
After my oats, I hopped in the shower and then made some more breakfast since the oats aren't an actual meal for me (for some other bloggers, this is super filling - perhaps they were blessed with tiny stomachs).
![]() |
| Note the ibuprofen in the background |
After breakfast, I headed to work and actually had stuff to do for the majority of the morning. Shocking, I know. I prepped some samples, re-did Dillon's résumé with him, and spent some time searching Craigslist for tables and bookshelves.
Then I came home for lunch and had the typical English muffin pizza. Yum!
I also made some oats for dessert because I wanted some protein to fill me up a bit more.
I snuck out of work a bit early today (and by snuck, I mean I left at 4:45 p.m. and told my boss I'd see him tomorrow. He didn't care - he knows I'm not doing anything. How does he know this? He won't give me any work since I'm leaving soon). Anyway, I snuck out early because I had training with Mark at 5:00 p.m. We did some push-ups (I was still hurting from yesterday with Emily), some chest presses, some leg extensions, and some quad work. Perhaps I was still in my disheartened mood from yesterday, but I feel like I'm sucking at my workout lately. So I stuck around and put in an intense 32 minute session on the elliptical. I upped my resistance from the morning and made sure to keep my pace up.
When I got home, I immediately started working on making turkey tacos. I was really in the mood for them and so I was pretty happy how quickly I made them happen.
They really hit the spot. I also had more oats, but I didn't snap a picture because I figured you'd seen enough oats for the day. I think I'm going to need to cut down on those...maybe just one serving a day. They're not too bad for you - they're under 200 calories, but that can add up!
Now I'm just sitting on the couch with Bailey cuddled up right next to me. I'm going to wash up for bed shortly and call it an early night so I can be up early for a kick butt early morning workout. I'm going to lose this 5.4 pounds in no time!




Hope you cooked your turkey thoroughly so you don't get salmonella. I don't think I could even function enough to answer a phone at 5:30 am.
ReplyDeleteHi darling! I should've called you yesterday too! Haha (I was up at 4:30am Nashville time) I'm so so sooo glad you made it to the gym and that you lost 2.4 lbs!!!!!!!!! EEEEEE excited! You're rocking out and I know you can keep it up. Keep your deadline in mind and keep pushing hard for what you want! I love you!
ReplyDeleteYou rock for losing another 2.4 lbs. I wish I could go blading with your every day.... it's such a fun workout.
ReplyDeletePS- Is all that ibuprofen you've been taking safe?
@Anna: Haha, thanks for worrying about my well-being! I'm pretty sure it was cooked :-)
ReplyDelete@Lisa: You should've called! I would've loved it!
@Jennatles: I usually only take 2 doses of ibuprofen a day if it's a really bad day. So it's as safe as it can be. If I were to take as much as I do on a bad day everyday, I could really hurt my liver. But, I always make sure I take it with food to make it a bit better.