Today started out awesome. I didn't wake up until noon. I can't even remember the last time I did that. But, I definitely felt great today because of it. After waking up, I ate my overnight oats (which I have never actually allowed to sit overnight before) and they were awesome. They definitely thicken up more the longer you let them sit.
After my oats, I showered, gobbled up some watermelon and headed to my mom's to pack up all my stuff that needed to be donated and go donate it.
 |
| I know this doesn't seem like much, but there are two bags hiding behind the dresses that are piled on the chair. |
When I got to Salvation Army, it seemed that everyone was donating their belongings! Look at this line!
Once I dropped off my goodies, I decided to go in and browse. I've been trying to find a bookshelf for a while now and I found one! So, I bought it (for $10) and took it to Lowe's (after getting a mini blizzard at DQ since they're legit next door to the Salvation Army) to see what they recommended for repainting it. They told me I would need to prime it and then paint it. After I bought all the supplies, I headed home to start sanding.
After I sanded it and wiped it all down, I realized there was a pretty big crack in the side and the top was coming off. I called to see if I could return it and they said no. So, I packed it up and took it to Goodwill. I figured they should be able to profit from my stupidity.
After my mishap, I went back to my mom's and made dinner: dumplings.
I ate them while playing on my mom's brand new mac. And yes, I am reading someone else's blog. I'm up to about 25 a day. I'm not going to have time for this in med school, but I like reading about other people being healthy. It keeps me motivated.
After dinner, I went to Jenna's house to pick her up for rollerblading and to say hi to her family. I haven't seen Jenna in forever (or ya know, since New Year's Eve) and it was absolutely awesome seeing her again. She is one of my best friends and it seems we never get to see each other nearly as often as I'd like.
When we got in the car, it started raining, but by the time we parked by the rail trail, it was letting up so we decided to go blading anyway. We did an easy 7 miles (it went way faster with Jenna than it does when I'm alone) and got to see plenty of wildlife, some of which we nearly ran over.
 |
| the frog Jenna nearly ran over |
Then I handed over my camera to Jenna because she is far more talented at blading than I. We had a bit of a photo shoot because the trail was pretty empty. So, enjoy!
 |
| Yes, I roll my socks over my blades. I'm a bamf, what can I say? |
 |
| I love this pic! |
 |
| This is my I'm an awkward blader pic |
 |
| Haha - neither of us knew the other was making a face |
 |
| Our picture with the flowers...ish |
 |
| Can you see the flowers in this one? |
 |
| How about this one? |
After blading, I coaxed Jenna into getting a small slurpee with me because it was ridiculously humid and we were both pretty sweaty.
 |
| Sorry for the blurriness |
 |
| Much better! |
After getting slurpees, we headed back to my apartment to hang out and chat. I took Jenna back home around 10:45 p.m. and then came back to post the flattering pictures of the two of us.
Now I'm heading to bed because I have a lot to do tomorrow before Jenna and I go see Maroon 5, Gavin DeGraw, and Train in concert.
Wow... I guess you made up for my lack of appearances since March!
ReplyDeleteI loved blading with you yesterday! Can't wait to see you tonight!
I miss you both! I'm glad you're having so much fun being healthy :D Have a great time at the concert! Love you both! <3
ReplyDelete