Thursday, June 16, 2011

Too tired to be angry

When I woke up at 5:40 this morning, I was mostly surprised that it was already time to go to the gym. In a stupor, I brushed my teeth, filled my water bottle, and headed to the gym. I think this feat deserves applause because my knee was hurting pretty bad today. Once at the gym, I did a meager 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.3mph and a 10.5% gradient. Then, I hopped on the elliptical and did 30 seconds before realizing that this would probably kill my knee. So, I did 10 minutes on the stationary bike instead. I was huffing and puffing at the end because I've been trying to pedal faster ever since Mark told me 55rpm was weak and that I should be doing at least 70.


When I got back home, my knee was cracking pretty loudly with each step I took, so I was pretty excited about my shower because I was hoping it'd make my knee feel a bit better. After my shower, I made my favorite breakfast and then headed off to my orthodontist appointment.
The orthodontist was impressed by my completely open bite. Yeah, I did that on purpose... So we're trying to figure out what to do to fix that. And since he gave me the okay, I scheduled my wisdom teeth removal: Friday, July 15. Yuck. Not excited. Though I have heard good things about the drugs involved...


After my appointment, I headed to work. I did a few things before lunch (though slowly to make them last longer) and then Mike, Sheli, and I headed to Entre Amigos for lunch. I got a taco salad which was pretty good, but I was not feeling too great the rest of the day. I guess I'm not used to eating all the grease anymore. And sorry, there's no pic because I don't take them in front of my co-workers/boss.


Once we were back at work, I had a few things to do and then spent quite a bit of time talking to marketing people. Once I got back into "work mode," I did a lot of little things and spent the remainder of the day chatting with Dillon.


After work, I went to the Community Center to try out a new class: CardioMax. It's done in the water. I thought this would be good for today because my knee was bothering me so much. It's supposed to be a high intensity workout for about 45 minutes and then a bit of toning and stretching for the last 15 minutes. There were quite a few old women there who apparently do this class every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I was the youngest person there and the next closest in age was 30. I'm not sure how I feel about the class. Because you don't sweat in the water, it was hard for me to gauge how intense it was. We checked our heart rates at the end, and I was at the lowest point for my age group. But, I think I may sign up because I can always add some more exercise later in the day, and I do think it worked my legs pretty well.


When I got home from the community center, I made some spaghetti because I got some at the store last night (I've been craving it for a few days - I'm not usually a big fan of pasta).
I love that meijer makes organic stuff now!
I weighed out my spaghetti to make sure I didn't overdo it on the portions since the portion size isn't very big. For example, this is 1.5 portions:


While everything was cooking, I drank my last protein shake that I bought last week and it was delicious.
And then I finally got to have my spaghetti!
It was just okay. My mom makes awesome spaghetti and this didn't really come anywhere close to be as awesome as hers. Womp, womp. Guess I'll have to figure out what she does.


After dinner I cleaned up my kitchen and prepped all the fruit I bought yesterday. Now I'm blogging so I can head to bed and be a bit better rested for the gym nice and early tomorrow morning!


Also, leave a comment below if you wanna do next week's challenge with me! It's going to involve some additional intensity for your workouts!

1 comment:

  1. Pick me pick me!!! I want to do the challenge!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete