Sunday, June 19, 2011

Temptation Avoided

Two posts in one day!? You've struck gold!


After I left you guys, I ended up waiting quite a while to switch my laundry thanks to my sister's stuff taking forever and a half to dry. As I waited, I didn't have much to do. I did, however, have a stare down with some of the goodies in my mom's house. Like these donuts for example...
And then there were the red velvet cookies my sister made that looked awesome.
As the recipe was new, I really, really wanted to try one. But, cookies count as a dessert. So, I had to abstain. However, I almost convinced myself that it was okay and wouldn't be breaking my June Challenge. But, let's face it: it would have broken my challenge and resulted in me spiraling out of control. So I didn't do it. But I really wanted to.


Fortunately, there was plenty of yummy stuff to eat for dinner!





My plate
Dinner was flank steak, potatoes, cheddar bay biscuits (which were even better tonight because Malena tweaked the recipe a bit), and a dollop of potato salad. We ate outside because it was such a beautiful night, but I really needed to leave the table after I was finished because I really wanted a second biscuit and I really didn't need one. Gah. Damn Malena making delicious food.


After dinner, I finished up a bit more laundry and then headed out to clean up a bit before Allyson came over. First, I had to put my clean clothes away. Fortunately, Bailey was clearly ready to help.
He must have inherited his hatred from laundry from me.


Bush came over for just a bit since I have to be up super early to meet Ali at the gym at 5:30. But, she stayed long enough for me to force my camera upon her.
And now because I need to get my butt in bed, I am outlining this week's challenge that has to do with intensity:

  1. I am going to up the intensity of my workouts. How you ask? I'm going to take Mark's advice and do some heart rate cycling. This is how it works: You go as fast as you possibly can for 30 seconds, cool down for a minute, and repeat for as long as you're still alive as long as you'd like. I have a feeling this is going to be rough.
  2. Get in three morning workouts. I know I put this down like every week, but I think it's a really good idea. According to Mark, you're supposed to get at least 20 minutes of cardio in every morning before eating. So, I'm going to go for 3 mornings because 5 is just insane.
For those of you who said you'd be joining me for this week's challenge, leave a comment below outlining your plan/how you're going to incorporate increased intensity in your workout.

For those of you just reading, how do you change up your workout? What do you do to challenge yourself?

4 comments:

  1. Flank steak!! yum!!
    good job resisting those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay resisting temptation!!!!! You are so AWESOME!!! I didn't read this post til today (Tuesday) so I'll have to try out your cardio routine later this week! (ie: tomorrow) Probably just use the stair elliptical thingy by the track.... I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've never done a 2 a day like you do (where you work out in the morning and evening) so I'm going to try that three times this week for starters. As for intensity, on days when I run/walk outside I think I will try to increase my pace during the running portions but run for shorter times so there is more variation. And I think on the elliptical I will raise the resistance since right now I just use whatever the standard is on the program.
    Great job with sticking to your June challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your doing really well with your portin sizes! Thats much harder to do than it looks when your only cooking for yourself

    ReplyDelete