We got our license plates and our cars registered. In Colorado, they require two license plates - one in the front and the back. This is not ideal as I'm told that it allows you to be pulled over and/or ticketed easier. As I have inherited my grandmother's lead foot, I have a feeling this will be a very expensive state for me.
Anywho, once we got home, we had some lunch, did some things around the house and decided we should start our search for a new day care. Gah. I forgot how not fun it is to search for day cares. Some places said they had over a year's waitlist. Boo corporate daycare. That being said, I hesitate to do in-home day care because what happens if that person gets sick or needs a vacation. So while I stressed over this, the nugget decided she needed a nap. And Nasur decided he did too. So I stressed over this and then I stress ate. I had three slices of cheese, several spoonfuls of cookie butter and maybe 4-5 peanut butter filled pretzels. Not great.
And to top it off, my weigh-in this morning sucked and I hate failing. I'm annoyed because I gained 0.4 pounds.
Now I realize that's not a lot of weight, but that's the wrong way. I'm currently on my period, so maybe it's the fluid retention; I drank a bunch of water when I woke up; I didn't weigh in right after Reyah breastfed in the morning - I have a bunch of reasons why I think it may have been off. But I'm annoyed. I logged my calories every single day last week. And this past weekend, I took a break from logging and indulged a bit, but I didn't go overboard (which I tend to do when I let myself relax). So, yeah, I'm annoyed. I'll get back at it again tomorrow, but boo.
Tomorrow we have plans to do some day care tours, to finish up some small house things, and to put my license plates on.
![]() |
| Breakfast |
![]() |
| Lunch |
![]() |
| Blueberries while waiting for lunch |
![]() |
| HelloFresh dinner |
![]() |
| Nugget hamming it up at the DMV |







Periods always screw up my weigh ins!
ReplyDeleteKeep at it. I always tell myself to give it another week. Breastfeeding can mess with the scale too (at least for me)
If I'm not fully empty the weight shows up lol. Drives me crazy!