Thursday, September 12, 2019

Accidental hiker

Since our hike yesterday got rained out, we decided to try again today after checking the weather. It was supposed to be pretty cool and most importantly, dry. We got to Carter Lake and decided to do the 3 mile trail called the Sundance Trail. Perhaps I am super terribly out of shape, but it was hard. And when you go on AllTrails, a bunch of people said it was easy. So, that's insulting. But then some people said moderate or above, so they are my people. We didn't make it the whole 3 miles from shore to shore because the trail was hella rocky with lots of loose rocks and boulders. I was wearing Reyah and we turned around after spending a bit over two hours on our way. On our way back, she kept wiggling out of her carrier, so Nasur took her and oh my God, it was way easier without the extra 20 pounds. I mean, still not fun, but it was a welcome reprieve.

We also weren't the most prepared hikers. We each packed a water bottle and threw it in a backpack that Nasur wore along the way. I made lunch for all three of us and packed it in a cooler, which we left in the car. That was not ideal as we didn't have any food along the way and I think it may have felt less torturous had we eaten. I'm thinking we need to invest in some camelbaks if we want to keep up some hiking adventures. And some common sense may also help: Always. Bring. Food.

Anywho, that took up most our day. I went and soaked in the tub to calm my aching knees and took some motrin when we got home and then Nasur cooked dinner while Reyah and I hung out. 

I don't have much in the way of photos today, but here you go!
Breakfast
Carter Lake from today
Me wearing the nugget

Dinner

Dessert - this stuff tastes like ice cream


Today's totals

Tomorrow I have a bunch of stuff for work tomorrow: professional photos, a white coat fitting, and some occupational health stuff. Hopefully we have time for a bike ride or something - that's a whole lot easier on my knees!

1 comment:

  1. Wearing a baby males walking so much harder! My baby os a 20lber too...omg!!
    Great job getting that hike in!

    ReplyDelete