Friday, September 13, 2019

Sizing up

First things first: My knees have completely recovered! I checked my FitBit. Apparently we did 32 flights of stairs yesterday. That would explain the knee pain. Surprisingly, my quads were just fine. Nevertheless, today was a chill day. 

The nugget has been getting up at 7:00 a.m. and today was no different. Not thrilled with her wake-up time, to be honest. She had some boob milk and I thought she was going to go back to sleep, but right as I got comfortable, she rolled over and crawled over to me and started giggling. Cute, kiddo, but too early for your mind games. Eventually, Nasur came up and saved me from the nugget. I followed them downstairs and then had some breakfast. While relaxing and watching the morning news, we bought Reyah a Halloween costume online. 

Source: carters.com
Now that baby is a cute dragon, but you just wait, Reyah will be an even cuter dragon. Shortly after buying the costume, I closed my computer and got a text from one of my residency pals texted me and told me our board scores were up. As I opened my computer, my wifi decided to crash and I was in a pure panic. I needed to see my scores ASAP. So I looked it up online and I passed! Woo hoo! That being said, like 87% of people pass (or so I'm told) so I had the odds in my favor, but still. Woooooooooo! 

Then I headed upstairs to get ready for my photography session. I had to get my headshots and full body shots for the website and marketing campaign to introduce me as a new doctor who's accepting patients. The photography session was mostly painless and they gave me a fancy schmancy water bottle with the hospital logo at the end.

Then I headed to the hospital to get fitted for my white coat (which I rarely ever wore during residency). The woman helping me offered me two choices: the unisex coat with more pockets or the woman's coat with a band in the back. I tried on the unisex coat first and its length was great, but the sleeves were large. Then she asked me for my normal shirt size to fit the white coat. I said 18 or 20. She was like, "Well, let's try the 16." Um, listen lady, it's hard enough for me to say my size out loud, but it's even harder when I have to ask for the larger size. I tried it on and had to ask for the bigger size. Then I tried the 18 and had to ask for the bigger size. Embarrassing.

Then she handed me a blanket with the hospital logo on it. And then she told me I also got a free jacket with the hospital logo on it. She reached for the women's XL/XXL bin. She asked which size I wanted to try first. Lady, I know you can see how big I am. Obviously the XXL. And let me tell you, it was snug. And she knew it was snug. She was like, "Um, let me see if we have a bigger size." I was like, "Um, I'm losing my pregnancy weight. It'll fit nicely soon enough." Like c'mon lady, we both know you don't have a bin with women's XXXL. And there's no need to embarrass me further. 

Then I went and did my occupational health stuff where they make sure I haven't done a lot of drugs and am up to date on all of my vaccinations and then I was set free. 

After all that, I went grocery shopping. First, I stopped at Trader Joe's, then Sprouts, and lastly, WalMart. Got lots of goodies and then went home. Nasur made dinner and then we went for a bike ride. Tomorrow we head to Denver to meet up with a friend from Michigan! Cheers!
Breakfast!

Lunch

Dinner

Nugget and Nasur

No comments:

Post a Comment