Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Elliptical of my dreams!

You guys. I bought the elliptical of my dreams this weekend. I'd been trolling Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for a while because my dream elliptical costs $4000 and that's way too much money. I really wanted a Precor Elliptical without the moving arms because those are the kind that allow you to up the resistance. And then ta-da! There was one on Craigslist! And the guy who was selling it was selling it for $150 (!!!). So, I texted him and then ended up calling him and he told me I would need a truck (don't have one of those) and he'd drop the price to $100. So, Nasur and I rented a pickup truck from Uhaul and headed down to Denver (which is about an hour from us) and we met up with the couple that was selling the elliptical. The guy is a general contractor so he used a forklift to get it up into the truck and then he and Nasur tied it down and we headed back up North. Nasur and I got it out and put it in the garage for the time being. It's not 100% perfect - when the crossramp goes down, it makes an awful noise, but having saved $3900, I'll take it!

Despite having the elliptical in the garage since Sunday, today was my first day using it. And let me tell you, it is a game changer having workout equipment in your own home. I could just pop outside, work out, and be back inside. And Nasur and Reyah came for an encouraging visit. They're so cute. 

I'll be honest though, I only used the elliptical because we got rained out for our hike around Carter Lake today. Womp, womp. Fortunately, our day pass is good until tomorrow so we'll try again tomorrow!

Breakfast

Morning, pre-hike snack

Ingredients for my hiking sandwich

Carter Lake

Carter Lake

Wearing the baby

Rain moving in 

So pretty

What a happy babe

Dinner
Today's calorie count isn't complete. I didn't log my dinner because I wasn't really sure how. When I looked at the HelloFresh nutrition, it was like over 1000 calories, so I halved my pasta portion and roasted some zucchini instead. So, let's just say, dinner wasn't super healthy. And then when I logged into HelloFresh, I've found most of their meals aren't super healthy. They have some "calorie smart" meals, but they're still >500 calories per serving. So I'm guessing we're going to have to go on the hunt for healthier stuff. Bummer. It's so convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment