Thursday, May 29, 2014

Working nights, compounding, and photos

The thing I like about nights is being able to do things during the day that otherwise I wouldn't be able to do. The thing I don't like about nights is waking up in the early afternoon and feeling like the day is already gone. The thing I do like about nights is being able to go to the gym during non-rush hours. The thing I don't like about nights is missing Zumba on Thursdays and Fridays because it's too late. The thing I do like about nights is being let out early once the admissions slow down. The thing I don't like about nights is just doing admissions.

But, this week is my last week of nights. I was supposed to be on nights next week, but I rearranged my schedule after a classmate had some schedule changes. Worked out well for me. Anywho. I don't have a whole lot to say, so I'll just post some photos and go read about EKGs. I don't work tonight, but I do work tomorrow night and Saturday night, so gotta cram while I can. 

Today's positive: picked up Bailey's compounded meds. I figure I'll start giving him the compounded version of his thyroid pill once his antibiotics are finished. He still has one pill that can't be compounded, but it's only once a day rather than twice like his thyroid pill. Also, his thyroid compound was majorly expensive - over $50. Hopefully his liver recovers from whatever's going on and he can do the radioactive iodine uptake therapy that essentially kills off the part of his thyroid that is hyperfunctioning. Then, no more compounded meds!

Fruit pizza - I got two good slices out of that
Bailers - he sleeps like this.
Post-strength training protein smoothie
My AC is in my bedroom, so I make a path of cool air with fans
Legit camped out in the AC (sorry it's blurry!)
Snack
My EKG book told me to take a break - okay!
Dinner (I forgot to take the corn to a grill out this weekend so now I have 4 ears for me)
Lunch?
Lunch
Salty and sweet snack
A very orange/yellow dinner
I'll try to blog before heading to work tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. Yay compounded meds! Hopefully everything works out for Mr. Bailey Butt. Yay last week of night shift!! :D Look at all the positives happening in your life. If you have EKG questions, just call my dad :P I'm here for you. I'm rooting for you. I love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete