Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Narcissism at its finest

Today was a rough one, you guys. Now, really, I recognize that my life is not that hard, but I let some things get under my skin today. I was made late after going out of my way to help someone else out, and I didn't get to talk to some people that I really needed to talk to. I, of course, let my frustrations build until I got to lecture this afternoon and just felt like crying. I know it's stupid, but on top of being late [twice due to someone else] and not being able to have the conversations I needed to have, I forgot my lunch. The very lunch that took me forever and a half to decide on last night. So, I was frustrated, hungry, and dehydrated. Not a good combo.

Fortunately, I did have a fiber plus bar, an ounce of almonds, and a serving size of animal crackers in my bag. So, it wasn't like I was starving, but man oh man, do I wish I had had more to eat before finally getting home at 4:45 today.

Plus, once I got home, my replacement phone had arrived and of course, I need to spend a bajillion hours configuring it exactly as I wanted it. I'd almost forgotten how hungry I was, but not quite. I heated up some enchiladas for a quick bite to eat (see how handy leftovers are!?):
I put some light sour cream on these before inhaling them

And after some more tinkering on my phone, I opted for some more snacks.
Cheese full of protein!
Banana bread and baby almond milk
Subtle, almond milk, subtle.
After completing everything, I was still a bit keyed up, so I decided to watch some Jimmy Fallon to get some giggles going, make dinner, and dance around as I was prepping:
Mediocre fries - they put waaaay more herbs than garlic (first mistake)
Chopped
Layers of goodness
Noms

I vented to my Mom and Lisa on the phone tonight. But while on the phone with my mom, I forgot to mention to her that my official medical student photos are in! There are 7 and I have to pick one for the yearbook and all the shiz that my school uses them for. So, being the narcissistic person that I am, I'm posting them all here and you can help me decide which one I should choose!

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
And lastly, today's positive thing is brought to you by my friend Anna and cats. Thanks, Anna!

Speaking of cats, here's mine:
He sleeps in his "ashamed" pose every so often.

And today's other picture is of my breakfast. So, here you go:
Catch you guys tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I vote #2. I'm sorry your day was epic frustrating. I hope venting to us helps you start today with a clean slate. You deserve a clean slate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote #1 and #5! Short comment since we chatted last night. xoxo Keep it up girl! You can do it! <3

    ReplyDelete