Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Education and electrolytes

This whole staying healthy thing is a lot easier when I blog. Mostly because of the accountability.That being said, I'm always scared I'm going to forget and then you will all rise against me and say that I ruined Motivational May. Okay, maybe not scared. But you get the picture...right?

My patient from yesterday was indeed there today (phew!) and I picked up only one new patient because I had to be back at school early(ish) today. I really like this attending because he takes the time to do some teaching. Not every attending will do that. This one sat and talked through fluids and electrolyte imbalances with me for like an hour today. It was great. However, we didn't set up much for discussion tomorrow because I have a H&P (history and physical) due. It's like 8 pages of a report on what's going on with a patient, what our hypotheses are and what we could possibly do for treatment. It's long and exhausting.

That being said, I was able to get to zumba tonight. It surprises me that no matter how many times I go, there are always songs I've never done before. Thanks to going to zumba a lot recently, I'm able to pick up on the moves faster, but I still screw up a lot. Thankfully, a woman who's really good stood in front of me today and she's much easier to see than the instructor. 

Okay, here are today's photos. Some are taken with my phone, others with my camera, hence the width differences.

Breakfast
Lunch
Post-Zumba snack cuz I was getting hangry
Sandwich from heaven
Add fries, and it's bliss
Dessert
Today's positive thing: Making use of little chunks of time. Usually, I just waste them away, but today I tried to use every 10 minutes to achieve something, even if it was something as small as putting away my clothes or changing for the gym, or something like writing a few drugs into my H&P. 

Weigh-in on Friday, folks. I'm a bit nervous for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Zumba! I'm glad you went. I bet you totes mcgoats felt better after, other than being hangry. Fruit for dessert? Go you! I need to start doing that... Love you lots. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete