Thursday, March 31, 2011

I just want to be overweight

I'm going to start out this blog by saying, "Yay me!" I got my butt out of bed this morning and went to the gym. It took me about 5 minutes to convince myself that I wanted to go to the gym, but I did it. Once there, I did about 45 minutes of cardio and then did some upper body strength training. I also did some ab stuff that I've done with Mark, but I'm not entirely sure that I did it right...

After the gym, I came home and had the exact same breakfast as yesterday: eggs (only one full egg and one egg white) and little turkey weenies. Here's a picture just in case your memory is poor.
I got to work right on time and didn't have a whole lot to do, per usual. So, I decided to do some online courses that Lubrizol offers to teach myself a bit more about the industry. Then I came home for lunch. I had an English muffin pizza and some of the leftover beef tenderloin I got for dinner last night.
Amazing dinner from last night
Lunch for today
Also during lunch, I changed my facebook profile picture to this gem that google put up today to honor Bunsen's 200th birthday. Didn't you know I'm a dork?

After lunch, Sheli, Carrie, nor I had a whole lot to do. We hung out in the lab being dorks, and ended up unpacking our four ball machine which arrived today. It's $120,000 worth of sexual jokes and innuendos. Trust me, it's going to be awesome. 

After work, I came home and started making dinner right away because I volunteer at the hospital every Thursday night. Dinner was some Schwann's chicken, some potatoes, and some steamed broccoli. It was pretty good. I was more in the mood for a large donut, some cookie dough, and a side of cake, buuuut, since my goal until the next weigh-in is to log everything I eat (and stay within my calorie ranges), that fantasy meal wasn't about to happen tonight.
Not my fantasy meal, but still pretty good
After dinner, I was pretty pumped to go volunteer tonight. Photographic evidence right here:

There was actually stuff to do at the hospital tonight, but I still got sent home a bit early. So, I went to the mall to pick up my resized ring! Woooot. It fits very well now. I wear it on my right ring finger. So pretty.
Speaking of my right hand, I also wanted to show you my Power Balance wristband. Like I said before, it's supposed to improve your balance and range of motion. I'm still a bit skeptical, but I was able to balance on one leg without falling over for once when I was stretching this week, and I was able to do one of my harder arm exercises without feeling too strained. So I'm glad I got it. And it was a size small. Haha - I can't remember the last time I bought something in a small. And with my poopy progress this week, I'm sure I won't be buying clothes in a size small like...ever.

But I'm going to keep working on it. As I said earlier, my goal is to log everything I eat and stay in my calorie ranges until my next weigh-in. I usually measure everything out with the help of my food scale and measuring cups, but I'm going to have to be extra diligent now, hence me drinking my chocolate almond milk out of a measuring glass.
So hopefully this will help me continue to lose weight and maybe even faster! And in 22 pounds, I will no longer be obese, but simply overweight. I know it sounds weird, but I just want to be overweight. There are a lot less health risks involved in being overweight versus being obese.

Anyway, how was your Thursday? Any fun plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Thursday...well, today was the usual. Class then seminar. Frankly I learn the most when James and I just sit and talk about things (well, mostly he asks me questions, I fail, and he teaches me things!) I did tutor, which is always rewarding. I have dinner with some friends tomorrow, a BBQ on saturday, and horseback riding on sunday. What up life in Nashville :D Miss you looooots!!! I'm so proud of you darling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisee, I'm glad you, James, and Nika are such great friends. I really loved them when I visited! Also, your weekend sounds super fun. I'll just be chilling with Zoe and Libby, trying to make sure Zoe doesn't eat the entire house. Love you!

    ReplyDelete