So today I told myself I would work out in the morning and thus would have to wake up at 5:00 a.m. So, naturally, I woke up at 7:20 and rushed to get ready for work. I got all my snacks ready for work and ate my very healthy and nutritionally balanced breakfast bagel while I got ready.
Please note that my breakfast also included ibuprofen for my terrible knees, a subject about which I will enlighten you tomorrow after my knee doctor appointment. And yes, all of my med school friends, I always take it with food.
Anywho, I was late to work (per usual) and did some really monotonous tasks groundbreaking research during the morning. Basically, I heated oil, turned on a machine to make it stir at 1500rpm, turned the machine off, and watched it separate. Fascinating, I know. Try to keep up.
At lunch time, I spiced things up. I made my English muffin pizzas, but I put toppings below the cheese and above the cheese to see which I prefer. I know, crazy!
To be honest, the jury's still out, ladies and gentlemen. Tune in tomorrow when I do the exact same thing and remain indecisive reveal the answer!
The afternoon was about as interesting as the morning. Blended some stuff, read my kindle, blah, blah, blah, science, science, science. But, after work, I went to do something naughty that probably isn't good for me tanning and then had personal training with Mark.
Despite taking ibuprofen several times during the day, my right knee was still being stupid and thus, we only did upper body stuff. Mark told me to grow new knees and I promised him I'd see what I could do by Wednesday (when we meet again). I did some cardio on my own after our session and ended up doing about an hour's workout. It was pretty solid.
After my workout, I went to Best Buy to pick up my new hard drive which supposedly had all my old data on it (I paid $99 for some "Geek" to transfer it), but it didn't, so I'm working up a bunch of resentment and then am calling them tomorrow.
When I got home, I made myself some garlic shrimp. The best thing about garlic? You can never have enough. I used about 4 cloves for my 150g of shrimp. Best decision ever. And because my mother loves me and randomly bought me a food processor, I didn't even have to chop them myself. One moment the cloves aren't chopped...
And the next moment, they are!
It's magic, I tell you!
Anywho, dinner was delicious. I made some of the same potatoes that Lisa and I made yesterday and then had some chocolate yogurt for dessert. Yum!
Lisa and Danny came over after dinner and we played some more Wii games after sharing embarrassing farting stories and laughing really hard for no reason. Yes, I am 23. And yes, farting stories are still hilarious.
Anyway, I'm thinking about what I want to give up for my 40-day diet Lent this year. Have you given it any thoughts yet? What have you given up in the past?


Hello gorgeous! I love reading your blog and it shall now replace FB! As I have given that up for Lent. And swearing. So I must say, I haven't heard of english muffin pizza and now am incredibly intrigued. I must try this! That and eating yogurt with a fork. :D Loves!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a lot of stress, Lisa. I don't know if I can replace fbook. I'm only one person!
ReplyDelete