After breakfast, I went to my knee appointment, and the doctor and i talked about a few more options for pain management. I had new x-rays done and we talked about how much the damage has progressed over the last two years. For some background, I've got a couple things wrong with my knees: they're aligned incorrectly (formally known as patella femoral syndrome), I have inherited osteoarthritis in my knees from my mom and her side of the family, and I have bone spurs forming since my cartilage is slowly disappearing. All in all, it makes for knees that are constantly inflamed and uncomfortable. And it means that I can't do many high-impact things unless I want to suffer for it, i.e. running, jumping, etc. Anyway, I'm going to get some custom-made braces to help hold my kneecap in place, and if that doesn't work, I'll have injections of synthetic cartilage in my knee to decrease the inflammation and pain (the drug's called synvisc). We'll see.
After my appointment, I dragged my butt to work only to do more
We both had two plates of delicious food and I documented it accordingly. Danny was a bit embarrassed at my constant picture taking, but the flash didn't go off so I doubt anyone even noticed.
After lunch, I went back to work and discovered the 5 gallon blend I made was completely wrong (not my fault - it was mixed up in the system), and that I have to start all over tomorrow. But, the afternoon wasn't all that bad because Sheli and I used work time to go on a quest for paczkis! We had to make two stops before we finally bought a 6-pack at Kroger. We both had two, and I made Sheli take the other two home because otherwise I would've eaten the other two tonight. But, since I was super full from lunch and my paczki overload, I decided to go grocery shopping (grocery shopping when hungry = baaaaad idea). Nothing super exciting to report, but meijer finally had dark chocolate almond milk! The original's okay, the vanilla's better, but the dark chocolate almond milk is amazing! I'm going to have to limit myself to one serving a day because I could probably drink the entire half-gallon in one sitting. Now onto the subject you're probably most interested about: what I'm giving up for my 40-day diet Lent. I've decided to give up gym-free mornings and drive-thru food. This is going to be rough, but I figure if I can do it for 40 days, then I could do it everyday. When I'm in Ann Arbor this weekend and East Lansing next week, I'm probably going to have to do an evening/afternoon workout, but those should will be the only days I miss.
What are you giving up for Lent? Did you have any paczkis today? What's your favorite flavor?



I will encourage your gym mornings! I know you can do it and I hope you did today!! I will certainly be disappointed if you didn't :( I think the apple paczkis are my fave, sadly I did not get any yesterday. Go Danika go!! Love you lots!!
ReplyDeleteI made it to the gym this morning, but it was rough. 5:00 a.m. is just too early to be waking up. But, 45 days to go!
ReplyDelete