Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Less whiny, more productive

Sorry for my whiny blog yesterday, but this week isn't shaping up to be what I hoped it would. Fortunately, my knee felt tons better today. The pain still isn't gone, but it's not nearly as intense as it was yesterday and I've decided that I'll go to the gym tomorrow morning, which means waking up at 5:00 a.m. again. Sleeping until 7:20 was so nice. But, I said I'd do it and now that the pain's subsided, it's time to get back on track!


Work this morning was stupid and really frustrating. I'm doing a project that requires me to stretch glass tubes, which results in me burning myself. On top of that, the refrigerant I'm using is really stupid so every time I put the tubes in the oven to start the test, they blow up. So I'm going to end up having to do them a third time. Not excited.


At lunch I decided to go grocery shopping since I don't really have any food. That being said, when I got home with only 20 minutes to make lunch, I didn't use anything I'd bought to make lunch.
I call it a deconstructed sandwich. Deconstructing things is all the rage in the culinary world. I know this because I watch Top Chef I'm a culinary genius.


I went back to work to finish making tubes that blew up, and blend some oil for a project for tomorrow. And I did some other stuff that is so boring I have taken pity on you and not mentioned it so entertaining that I must keep it to myself.


After work, I came home and did some much needed laundry before my med school interview Thursday at MSU. Technically I have medical terminology on Tuesday nights, but I may have led my professor to believe that I was sick so that I didn't have to go. I didn't have the willpower to sit through that class after such a poopy day. So, I did laundry, cleaned my kitchen, vacuumed, went to Best Buy and told them they suck and demanded they find my files on my external hard drive, and made a yummy dinner.
It was tomatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and Schwann's teriyaki nuggets boneless chicken wings. Then I decided to finally let my oven clean itself after it got all smoky when making my chicken. I wish my apartment would clean itself when I locked the door.


I watched Glee while cleaning some more and brushing up on MSU CHM so that I'm not going into my interview completely off my game. But thanks to Apple deleting all my files and Best Buy not recovering them, I have no idea what any of my essays were about. Hopefully someone will prompt me...


Anyway, tomorrow's a weigh-in day. Let's hope for good numbers!


Did you watch Glee tonight? What'd you think? Also, do you have any interview tips?

1 comment:

  1. Hi doll! I missed checking your blog, so I hope your interview went SUPERB today (thursday). I know you rocked it. Your dinners look so delicious <3 I'm proud of you for staying so on top of things! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete