Then I decided to do my own work, which meant playing with dry ice. Yes, you heard me right. Work was actually fun today. I got to make my own dry ice by applying a bunch of pressure to some carbon dioxide. The end result? A brick o' fun. Since I didn't need the whole block of carbon dioxide (we use it to drop the temperature of acetone baths really low - like -60°C low), I got to throw it in the sink and turn on the water. This is what happened:
Yes, this was the most fun I had all week. I knew I got out of bed for a reason.
During lunch, I had pretty much the same thing as yesterday, but chose ham instead of turkey. It's pretty much got the same caloric and fat content. It's also super expensive, probably because it's pretty healthy. It's Healthy Ones and I typically get it at meijer.
I also had some fudge
After lunch, I played with some dry ice again and did some After work, I went over to my Mom's house. While there, I decided to go up to my room and see if there were any clothes that fit again since I've lost weight. It's pretty much like going shopping and not having to pay for anything. Today's "purchase?" Some Old Navy khakis and my favorite old pair of American Eagle jeans. This is awesome because I need khakis to wear with my volunteer uniform, and I don't have any light wash jeans.
Anyway, my sister's home for the weekend and we were all going to go to dinner, but Malena wasn't feeling well so it was just my mom and me. We decided to go to Entre Amigos. We had some chips with guacamole to start.
And for the main part of my meal, I had a beef chimichanga and beef taco a la carte since I don't like the beans and rice that comes with a dinner meal.
After dinner, I dropped my mom off back at home so she could pack for her trip to sunshine and warmth (Texas). I headed home to finish transferring all my music files to Arthur. Woot! The only bad thing is I don't have any music from the last eight months. Awesome.
I also watched Daniel Tosh on [the] Netflix and have Star Trek playing whilst I write this. But, I have to head to bed early tonight so that I can be up early to take my mom to the airport. Afterwards, I think I'm going to head to Dick's Sporting Goods to get a power balance wristband. I'm not entirely sure if I believe that they work, but the few people I've talked to that have them really like them. Apparently they improve balance and increase range of motion. So I guess we shall see! It's my present to myself for losing 30 pounds!
Now, what are you up to this weekend? Anything fun? I think my sister and I are going to go see Paul tomorrow in addition to getting our eyebrows done. Sounds like a good day to me!






Yay dry ice! Let me know how Paul is. I really wanna see it! Nothing overly fun for me this weekend. I cleaned my entire apartment last night, and I'm donating platelets at 9a today. Party at a friend's place tonight, but I'll just go to eat, since the donation always takes so much outta me.
ReplyDeleteI went shopping yesterday, hoping to go on a crazy fun spring sopping spree with my coupons and discounts at NY&Co but only bought one shirt and two pairs of black socks. Lame. All the cute things aren't long enough, and what comes in tall wasn't in stock in my size. Are there a lot of MEs running around?! Because seriously, I haven't met them, but they keep buying all my clothes.
ReplyDeleteAnywho, I love you, keep up the good work. Today's my day off from the gym, which is nice because I'm still sore from Thursday, and I'm sue yesterday's workout didn't help.
One bit of advice, though. Always go with chips and salsa, not guacamole... it has fairly high fat and caloric content.
My Star Trek by chance?! Haha. ;) Love you.
ReplyDeleteIn response to what Jenna said about guacamole, yes it does have fat, but avocado is considered a good fat so it's definitely good for you in proper quantities.
@Stephen: I'm coming this weekend! That means two things: 1.) I can cuddle with you, and 2.) I can finally give that back to you!
ReplyDelete