So, since I talked about portion sizes yesterday, I think it'd be fitting to tell you all about my day today and how I didn't bother with them yet again.
So Sheli brought in Cadbury mini eggs. Now, if you've never had them, let me assure you: they're crack in chocolate form.
![]() |
Now before you jump to comment below about how bad I was, it gets worse. At lunch, there was a "crock off." People brought in crock pot dishes and there was a contest for best dish, etc, etc. Well, I decided to go home for lunch where I could control my calorie intake and so I could get some shorts for my knee brace fitting later.
| My lunch! |
So, by this point you're probably getting ready to write me a comment telling me how disappointed you are, but don't worry. I did something worthy of redemption - kinda. Well, it's going to start out sounding bad, but it's not that bad. So, about a month ago I bought fudge from Carrie (it was a fundraiser for her kids' school). Yeah, yeah, yeah. That was setting myself up for trouble. But it's fudge from Mackinaw Island. And it's been featured on Food Network. And it was only $6. And it was for a good cause: the education of tomorrow's leaders. I had to.
But, because I know myself, I decided I need to do something to make myself accountable for not eating the whole delicious block in one day. Because, not to brag or anything, but that's not even a challenge for me. So, I took the block o' fudge out and decided to trace its outline on a piece of paper and then eat an appropriate serving size.
| Outline of block o' fudge |
| Fudge with a ruler so you can get an idea of its size |
| Block o' fudge missing a chunk |
In other news, my knee brace fitting went well today. I should have them in maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm excited about them because they basically will force my knees to be aligned the proper way and should improve my range of motion. I mean, I can't get too crazy and go running, but I should be able to do some more cardio exercises with Mark. I also checked with the nurse about the synvisc injections and she's supposed to call me back within the week about scheduling that.
For those of you who have reached this point in my daily ramblings blog, I want to thank you. It's hard for me to talk about my downfalls and obsession with food. And it's even harder to put myself out there and admit to eating 7 mini cupcakes. But I know you'll support me. Tomorrow will be better. And instead of beating myself up about some poor decisions, I'll channel that energy into my work out. I've just got to keep at it!

Well my dear, I must say that I am disappointed with your lack of portion control :( But I'm really glad you're keeping a positive attitude! Please keep your chin up and even though you may have fallen off the band wagon today, I KNOW you can get back on it tomorrow! Keep up the good work with Mark, and what a GREAT idea with the fudge! I never would've thought of that :) [chemist > physicist] You are so amazing, and such great motivation! I love you so SO much!! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteWe all have bad days. I walk by a McDonalds every day when I am coming home from the L, and every time I see it I want french fries. I gave in about four times last week... not good.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea with the fudge! Very creative and I think it will work! Reading this motivates me to keep going with my exercising and healthy eating as well!
Everyone has bad days... At least you're being honest with yourself (and us). Just remember, moments of weakness do not make you a bad person. Chose to react well to those moments. Use them as your motivation to do better the next day.
ReplyDelete@Lisa: Thanks for the encouraging post - it's easier knowing I've got you there to comment everyday :-D
ReplyDelete@Dianna: I keep South Beach Diet Bars in my car so that when I get one of those cravings, I can just shove them in my mouth to distract myself.
@Regina: Thanks for the encouragement. It's really hard to be that honest - especially in public. But I'm thinking it'll help me accountable!
Dear Danika,
ReplyDeleteI love you and I understand your crack addiction to Mini Eggs. I think I've eaten two big bags of them in the past week. Cadbury's does know how to clog my arteries.
If you want greater control, please send them to me!
Love you!
@Jenna: Haha. I don't have to worry about it anymore because Sheli ate the last of her store and I don't think she's going to bring in anymore since Carrie and I gobbled them up so quickly!
ReplyDelete