After tossing and turning all night due to some intense pain behind my left knee, I still decided to get up at 5 and go to the gym. I made breakfast (though I forgot to take a picture - eggs and gouda, yum!) and then decided to forgo the gym. The pain started mostly after my gym session yesterday so I thought it'd be dumb to potentially make things worse. So, I went back to bed to toss and turn some more and told myself missing the gym wasn't a big deal because I train with Mark Monday evenings and could make it up there.
I went to work where I had a rough time because of the pain and decided to take the afternoon off to wallow in self pity rest at home. I ate the rest of my spinach pizza, and decided to take a nap because I was exhausted from the lack of sleep. When I woke up, the pain wasn't any better and I called and canceled with Mark. He asked me how my knees were doing and told me that I need to seriously consider the injections. Well, I called the knee doctor this morning and told them I'd like to schedule the synvisc injections. They're going to call me back when they can schedule me. Hopefully it's soon!
Anyway, I called my mom and I'm going to head over there for the Bachelor finale(!!!) and take a nice long bath in our jacuzzi and hope that dissipates some of the pain.
To be honest, today is just kind of a let down sort of day. I'm in a funk and want to cry for pretty much no reason. I know it's silly to get this worked up over one bad knee day, but I was doing so well last week and now I feel like I'm never going to get where I want. Stupid knees. Anyone want to trade? It's for a good cause, trust me.
Don't give up, Danika!!! It's one day, you were in a funk... These things happen. Tomorrow will be a better, brighter day! I hope that the injections will help a lot, but until then, keep doing all you can!
ReplyDeleteI second Regina's comment! Yesterday only holds you back if you let it. I know you can overcome this and you're going to bounce back today!
ReplyDelete