Thursday, February 14, 2013

The trappings of guilt

This morning I didn't want to go to the gym. I had a lot to do in terms of work for the day and I had a three hour session that I was required to attend at school. So I told myself I wouldn't go and that would be just fine. Then the guilt kicked in, so I texted some friends and made plans to go to yoga in the evening. I needed some accountability and I knew I wouldn't go to the gym unless I made it an obligation. And yeah, yoga isn't quite the same type of workout as my hour-long strength training routine, buuut, it was still a workout and I still made myself go to the gym. Boom. Done. Win.

Today was a lousy day otherwise. Mostly because I've been averaging 5-6 hours of sleep a night since Sunday and I'm just exhausted. Plus Nasur and I didn't end up talking (I'm not entirely sure why) and I spent a while making sweet potato fries and they turned out lousy. Like so lousy I didn't even want to eat the. That's saying something.

My focus has been a bit off and so I'm going to head to bed shortly to get a solid 8ish hours before tomorrow. Then it'll be back to studying my butt off. I've made plans to hit up Tim Horton's after school (their restaurant is open 24 hours so we won't get kicked out at 9:30 like we do when we go to Panera) and I plan on studying there until 11ish, then running to meijer next door to do some grocery shopping before I call it a night. Also, I'm going to get a donut because dang it, donuts are awesome and studying sucks.

Oh, and for those of you who are curious, I'm pretty sure I only swore once today. Already better than yesterday! And sorry for the lack of photos. I took some, but I'm being lazy and don't feel like uploading them. But, I did find this entertaining, so hopefully that'll make up for the lack of photos (note: it reassures me that I will not be dying alone).

No comments:

Post a Comment