Anyway. That's my update on my huge sacrifice that I made for Lent...
So this morning when I woke up, it was a bit later than it should have been...like 8:30. I really needed to get a lot of work done and contemplated skipping the gym. And then I said to myself, "No. You're making excuses. Just take some school work to the gym." So, I did my 45 minutes on the elliptical while reviewing some microbes. It was a pretty decent distraction. Usually, I bring my kindle and read and call it my non-school time, but I think it was a wise use of time and I'll probably bring school work on occasion - it's a good way to get in a quick review while breaking a sweat.
While I was on the elliptical, I suddenly remembered that we had a required
So, tomorrow's Valentine's day. I'm sure all of you couply folk out there are excited. I, however, am excited because this year I got two Valentine's Day cards. That's two more than I got last year!
One was from my mom and the other from my friend Adam. I haven't thanked them yet (thought I'd save it for the actual holiday), but I really appreciated the small reminder that I'm loved. On days when you're literally studying all day (and even during your "me" time), those little reminders that people care about you go a long way.
And I'm sure you're all wondering, "But wait. What about a card from Nasur?" Well, I'm pretty sure it costs an arm and a leg to send things to America, so I'm not expecting anything. In fact, I wasn't even expecting to talk to him. We actually haven't talked since Saturday since we're both ridiculously busy. He's got national exams everyday (minus weekends) for the entire month of February and I'm frantically trying to learn how our lungs work, what kinds of lung cancer and tumors you can get, what kinds of bacteria colonize the lung, and the bajillion different types of pneumonias, pneumoconioses, and yeah...I'm busy. However, he sent me a long facebook message today saying that he misses me, that he's thinking about me, and that he hopes we can talk tomorrow since it's Valentine's day. Cute. Again, it's the little reminders that people care that make all the difference :-)
So, here are some photos for you from today's meals because I love you, too.
| Breakfast of champions |
| Lunch of the victorious |
| Nutella for the winners |
| Nutella pancakes for those ranked #1 |
No comments:
Post a Comment