Monday, February 4, 2013

February's Goal

So I wasn't exactly prepared what I saw on the scale this morning. I was lighter before Africa and I was definitely lighter after Africa. Buuuut, I did gorge myself all weekend. So, I can't blame anyone but myself. And it helped me decide on a goal.


My goal right now is to lose 3 pounds a week for the next three weeks, meaning I want to be 211.2 by the end of February. If I keep my head in the game, I should be okay. Also, I'm going to weigh in only on Mondays. Usually I weigh in everyday or every other day to make sure I'm on track. But this time, I want to make it a bit more exciting for myself. And I also don't want to get discouraged if I don't lose anything from one day to the next.

Anyway, today's gym trip was really lovely. I decided to just do a 15 minute warm-up on the elliptical and then did some lifting. I really like doing strength training because I like feeling strong and I like having defined muscles. Before break, my biceps were awesome and really well-defined. Now? Not so much.  And my quads were way sexier before break too. And yeah, it felt good after that gym visit. I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but soon I'll be building muscle again.

Here are some of today's pictures for you while I watch Biggest Loser.
Breakfast: strawberries, ham, and banana
Morning snack
Lunch
Post-strength training protein
Gnocchi and marinara sauce for dinner
I'll try to post tomorrow. It's just a cardio day for me so we'll see how things go. I'm pretty out of shape, so it'll probably be pretty rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment