Monday, January 30, 2012

So much responsibility

I am one of those people who, right after lunch, wants to take a nap. It's super inconvenient. That is prime studying time, prime mess-up-your-sleep-pattern time and prime stalk-people-on-facebook time. So, rather than miss out on all of these opportunities, I packed up my stuff and headed to the public library on the other side(ish) of town. The drive took quite a while, but I was willing to make it because it was the only branch of the library open on Mondays that had free parking. However, on the way there, I literally had to fight myself from turning around to go back to bed. I was so tired and I just didn't think I'd get any real productive studying done. But, once there, I told myself that if I was still exhausted, I'd go home.

I got about 3.5 hours of legit studying done and then headed home because I'd forgotten my calculator. Doing statistics without a calculator? Um, it's impossible. On my way home, I realized I was on the same side of town as Marie Catrib's, a local, organic/vegan/vegetarian/carnivore deli/restaurant. As I love their food, I decided to stop and grab some dinner because despite my rather large lunch and snack two hours beforehand, I was still starving. I also got some baba ganoush. And because I didn't have any pita (which, by the way, I pronounce the British way: pit-uh - none of this pee-tuh stuff from me), I stopped at Martha's Vineyard (another local healthy eats store) and picked up some pita and a peanut butter bar. Here's some pics of my goodies.

Tofu sandwich!
Baba ganoush - it will probs look similar on the way out ;-)
Pita!
Peanut butter bar
Now, before you start thinking to yourself that I waaaay overdid it - this all cost me a little less than $20 - I want to tell you about how awesome I am. First of all, I only ate half of the sandwich for dinner. I figured since I would be eating pita and baba ganoush, I didn't need to eat the whole sandwich. So, I get two delicious meals with the sandwich. Woot! And I'm sure the baba ganoush will last for quite a while - though I didn't buy much (like 0.34 pounds). Aaaand, because I decided to be super responsible, I cut up the peanut butter bar into fourths and have decided to eat one piece everyday rather than eat the entire thing in one sitting (which is child's play for me).
Four days of deliciousness? If you insist!
So, this is what dinner actually ended up looking like:
Noms galore
I'm pretty pumped that I didn't just inhale all of that food. Aaaand, I studied this afternoon instead of napping. Aaaand I went to the gym this morning and did some cardio and lower body strength training. Aaaand you can see pics of my protein shake and lunch from today. So much success!




But, since I'm still exhausted, I'm going to stop studying around 10 and hit the hay. Oh, and my exam this morning? Piece of cake. Pwhew!

2 comments: