Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I shall abbreviate ALL the things!

The beautiful thing about this morning is that I didn't set an alarm. That means I slept until 10:05 a.m. That also means that I didn't get much studying done this morning. Um, oops? It also means I'm approximately 4 hours behind in lecture. But I don't care. I know I will catch up, so I'm not too worried. What I am worried about is this exam on Friday. I've never taken immunology before so though it's very interesting, it's a lot to someone who's never seen any of it before. And holy cow, there are a lot of abbreviations. I'm pretty sure we're introduced to at least 7 different abbreviations per page of notes. Here, allow me to show you a snippet:


Good grief.


Anywho, I am slowly working on increasing my time running. Everyday, I add a minute. This way, by February 17, I'll be running a 5k. From that point, I'll take it a tad slower until I hit 6.2 miles and am ready to run my 10k. If I run the whole thing at 5.0 mph, It will take me an hour and 12 minutes. I'm hoping I will be able to go a tad faster than that during the real thing, but I think I'm going to set that as my goal: I want to run my entire 10k without stopping in under 1 hour and 12 minutes. Putting this in writing may have been a terrible idea...


After the gym (in addition to running, I did some upper body strength training), I showered up, took care of some tasks that needed to be done, and had a yummy protein shake and lunch.
Chocolate raspberry protein shake
Lunch!
Then I headed to school for three intensely boring hours of patient education video review. Last week we had to educate fake patients on some kind of medical instrument or task. I was assigned to teach a patient about how to follow a low sodium diet. Then we had to watch each other's presentations and give feedback. Yawn. Mostly I spent the three hours on my phone sending out e-mails that I needed to send out.


After class, I headed back home and had a snack (though I also snacked during class):
This snack didn't hold me that long. I was able to get about an hour of studying in before I desperately wanted dinner. I may also have been overly anxious for dinner because I was going to make my own pizza...again. But this time, I bought pizza dough so I'd legit be making all of it...ish. So, I got the dough ready, topped the thing, and voilĂ ! A delicious chicken and veggie pizza!
Pizza dough after it'd been defrosted and brought to room temp
Final product!

Delicious!
So, making your own pizza = way faster than getting delivery. Also, it's considerably cheaper. The pizza dough was the most expensive part and it was $1.50. I have just been using pre-made pizza crust the last few times I've made pizza (which is around $4), but this was way better! A special shout out to my mom for telling me where to find it. This is definitely going to be how I enjoy pizza while I try to save money for my trip to Uganda.

Hmm, what else to tell you? Oh, I weighed in this morning. Yup, we're going to leave it at that. No picture for you. Mostly cuz I don't want you to know and I didn't take one so you can't even try to hack my computer and find one. Nope. Doesn't exist. Ha. Maybe I'll post one next week. That being said, I really really want to be under 200 pounds by the time I go to Uganda. Though I'm sure their twice daily meals of mush will help me lose weight, I want to be able to fit comfortably in the seats on the flights I've booked as I'll be spending about 24 hours on a plane. Also, it will be nice to have to run a 10k if I weigh less. Ya know, less weight to take with me.

La la la. I'm procrastinating on studying. Can you tell? I guess I can also show you the picture of my dessert as I ignore immunology.
Rainbow sherbet - this never photographs well
Alright, I'm fresh out of thoughts to share. Catch you crazy kids later. Think of me learning about cytotoxic T cells while you do something fun (read: anything besides immunology).

1 comment: