Anywho, today I spent quite a bit of time trying to make sure I was all set for school tomorrow. That meant hitting the gym, having a quick lunch (pictured below), and heading to the grocery store to spend an obscene amount of money on food.
| Vegetarian Gnocchi |
After shopping, I started working on making some jambalaya with my friend's mother's recipe to guide me. It was going pretty well until I decided to drain some of the extra liquid off and ended up spilling half of the jambalaya. Fortunately, there was still plenty left over.
It was pretty delicious and despite losing half of it, I still had enough left over for three more meals.
While I was making the jambalaya, I decided to try my hand at making my own salad dressing. I found an intriguing recipe online for garlic-lemon dressing and had to learn how to roast garlic before I even started making the dressing. Once that garlic was roasted, I blended everything together and got this:
It was not very delicious. I ended up tossing it. Perhaps my next try at making a salad dressing from scratch will be more successful.
While I was waiting for the garlic to roast, I tried some lemon Chobani yogurt. I've tried greek yogurt before and I really like the thickness of the yogurt, but it's the chunks I can't get past (for there are usually chunks of fruit). However, it seemed there were still small chunks in there and I definitely won't be buying it again. I just can't get over chunks in my food. Gross.
Now I'm chilling here thinking about how very badly I don't want school to start again. I had a long three weeks to just sleep, relax, and eat about a thousand cookies. I would like to do that forever. If anyone knows what degree you need to do that, please let me know cuz perhaps I'll just switch now. Thanks!

So much healthy looking stuff in that cart! Good work!
ReplyDeleteYay healthy and delicious! I'm so proud of you. If I come across a healthy dressing recipe I'll send it along. Jeanne has a delicious honey (I think) dressing for her strawberry and cashew spinach salad, but I think it's loaded with fat :(
ReplyDelete