I know you're expecting me to say that I've beaten this habit, but I haven't. At least not yet. But I'm making progress. And my shopping? Soo much better. It helps when you have a friend along, though, to keep you in check. Or else I have to tell myself, "Now, Self. Let's be real. If you buy this, will you eat this all in one sitting?" Hmm. No. "Are you lying?" Hmm. No... "Yes you are." No I'm not! "Yes, you are. Last time you bought this, you ate it in one sitting." Fine, but that was last time... "And you ate in one sitting the time before that." So!? "And the time before that..." Stop judging me. "That's not going in your cart. "Damn it."
So, I'm getting better at not buying the things that I used to gorge on. Check in my healthy column. I'm also not eating after 8:00 p.m. Now this is something that my old trainer Mark used to tell me, but then med school happened, and I made excuses. But I know I can do it despite how much I tell myself I can't. Anywho...because I'm not eating after 8:00 p.m., that pretty much stops me from going waaaay overboard. I guess after 8:00 p.m. is prime gorging time. Who knew?
Anyway, here are some pics from the last few days to keep you visual learners/folks entertained. But before we segue way into that, I would like to know if any of you have any weight loss bumps. Do you overdo it on portions?
So, I'm getting better at not buying the things that I used to gorge on. Check in my healthy column. I'm also not eating after 8:00 p.m. Now this is something that my old trainer Mark used to tell me, but then med school happened, and I made excuses. But I know I can do it despite how much I tell myself I can't. Anywho...because I'm not eating after 8:00 p.m., that pretty much stops me from going waaaay overboard. I guess after 8:00 p.m. is prime gorging time. Who knew?
Anyway, here are some pics from the last few days to keep you visual learners/folks entertained. But before we segue way into that, I would like to know if any of you have any weight loss bumps. Do you overdo it on portions?
![]() |
| Reason #1 why I didn't go to the gym Friday morning |
![]() |
| The second reason I didn't go to the gym Friday morning |
| Friday breakfast |
| Snacks for the road trip I took Friday (green tea in the flower cup and some almonds are in the baby tupperware) |
![]() |
| Anna's cat Colbert, after we forced him into his UM sweater |
![]() |
| What a sophisticated kitty wearing a sweater |
| Part one of our feast: half a bowl of orange chicken, brown rice, vegetable egg roll |
| Part two: half a chicken parmesan sandwich |
![]() |
| Part three: adorable and delicious cake ball |
![]() |
| Not usually the way you eat pig |
![]() |
| Oh TJ's, you crack me up: Avocado's Number Guacomole...get it!? Hilarious! |
![]() |
| This morning's snowfall |
![]() |
| Post-strength training protein |
| Leftover desserts |
| Leftover dinner |
| Tonight's dinner: step 1 - get saucy |
| Step 2: top! |
| Step 3: Be impressed that you made a healthier pizza and got to eat it faster than you would have if you'd ordered delivery |
| New chobani experiment: no chunks, so it was a-okay! |
| Made these to give to my new neighbors |
| Though I will probably snag at least one before I give them away |









Look at that pretty kitty! Sorry I wasn't more helpful with portion control on Friday, obviously I struggle too :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're making healthy choices at the store! I'm really learning a lot from you and am trying not to eat after 8pm as well. My cart is getting better, but there are still some items in the house I shouldn't have... :/
ReplyDelete