Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting by with a little help from my friends

Today was another one of those days where I really didn't want to study. Like offer-up-my-first-born-in-return-for-never-having-to-study-again kind of day. So I packed up my stuff and went to the library. But I accidentally left my headphones at home. Not good. I can usually only focus if it's silent or I've got music in the background (drowning out the rest of the noise). The silence was not working - man, that library was loud. So, after a half hour, I called it quits, packed up, and went home. There, I struggled with making myself do any work. Obviously, I got things done, but not nearly as many as I could have had I been in a productive mood. Perhaps I used up all of my productivity yesterday.


When I started getting really down on myself about my inability to work, I decided to commiserate with some friends. I had a lovely video chat with Anna, followed by one with Adam. It feels so good to be able to smile and put things in perspective - even if it is just for a little bit. Also talking to my mom on the phone helped. She reminded me how many people want to be in medical school. And really, I should count myself as lucky for being here. It's just so hard to see that light at the end of the tunnel sometimes when it's feels like it's eons away.


Anywho, just a short post to let you guys know that I'm still alive and that, in spite of feeling badly about myself, I didn't binge eat and I went to the gym this morning. So, really, it could have been worse.


Some pics of today's meals for you:
Lunch/feast #1 of the day 
Dinner/feast #2 of the day

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you were productive at least a little! And I'm super duper glad you called friends and your mumsy instead of getting down on yourself and binge eating. What a great use of will power! You rock my dear :) Can't wait to call you Dr. Danika!

    ReplyDelete