Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I will eat ALL the food!

So, ladies, this is mostly directed at you...well, kind of. It's mostly directed at the women who are exactly like me. The women who gorge themselves silly when they're about to have their period, who know that they're doing it, and who still don't stop themselves. Yeah. Not so proud to be part of that group, but I am.


The good thing is that I went to the gym today. My knee is still bothering me, but I did some time running and some time on the elliptical today. The running was a tad bothersome, but I managed to get a mile down and was happy with that. I almost gave up, so woo hoo to me for following through!


I also did quite a bit of school work (as compared to this weekend). But it was rough getting started and I definitely used that as an excuse to eat. I also used the I-want-to-eat-ALL-the-food craving as an excuse to eat. Gah.


For breakfast, though, I started off pretty mild: oat bar and yogurt
Pre-workout snack was a South beach diet bar that I didn't snap a picture of.


Lunch was some leftover jambalaya with unpictured pita and garlic sauce.
Afternoon snack #1 was a protein bar and protein shake in hopes that it would fill me up so I wouldn't eat anymore. Didn't work so well...


Afternoon snack #2 was pretzel bread from Trader Joe's.
Dinner was homemade BBQ chicken pizza.
I may have eaten the entire thing... I know, I know. Bad, bad, bad. I ate half of it for dinner and then when I went to put it away in the fridge, I ended up eating the other half. Yeesh. Not a good idea.


And the thing is, my mouth is still watering, and I want to eat more. But it's past 8:00 p.m. and I'm not eating after 8:00. Yeah, shocking, I know. Something I won't do.


And tomorrow just happens to be a weigh-in day. Great. I'm retaining water and I ate enough for a family of four for dinner. That number on the scale? Not going to be so great.


Blah, blah, blah, self pity, self pity, self pity. Entry done!

2 comments:

  1. Danika! An entire pizza :( I'm disappointed! I hope you really thought about what you did and are going to restrain yourself in the future. I absolutely understand how hard it is to quit eating, especially at that time of the month, but it can't be an excuse! I know you can do it and I hope whatever number shows up on the scale tomorrow kicks your butt into gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the pizza was homemade and not a processed frozen one. As I read this post, the one thing I wondered was whether you're drinking enough water during the day. I know you said you're retaining water, and I know it's a weigh-in day tomorrow, but part of the feeling hungry/eating more could be thirst (but I know the period thing can be crazier for some than others). Would an evening workout help with your appetite at that time? Sometimes I find that working out suppresses my appetite.

    Keep working on it! One day of overeating (and even one extra snack) is no excuse to give up on tomorrow (or the rest of the day)! Good on you for keeping to your "no eating past 8pm" rule. In general, evening eating (assuming you haven't starved yourself all day) can be attributed more to boredom than actual hunger.

    The weigh-in is a number you don't even know yet. Don't use what you anticipate the number to be to justify being harder on yourself! Just do the best you can to reach your goals every day.

    ReplyDelete