Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No loss

Yesterday marked my last day in Ann Arbor. I left relatively early (around noon), but don't you worry. I got a picture of the bearded dragon before I left!

Now, wouldn't you be thoroughly creeped out too if you had to feed that thing crickets? I was certain she was plotting how to escape her cage and attack me, but I outsmarted her.


On my way home from Ann Arbor, I stopped in Birch Run and bought two new pairs of shorts and a bathing suit bottoms since I really needed them. When I got home, I headed over to my mom's to enjoy the warm weather in the pool. While she was doing her laps, I stole her kindle and began reading The Hunger Games. Then, because I'm awesome, I loaned myself the book to read later. Also, as a bonus, my mom fed me! We had sloppy joe's, sweet potato fries, and zucchini. Yum!


After losing to her at Skip-Bo, I headed home to unpack. However, instead of unpacking, I finished reading The Hunger Games and loaned myself the second book in the series to read. After getting tired of reading, I tried going to sleep, but I had a lovely headache that kept me up until 1:00 a.m. when I finally gave in and got up to get some advil. I was able to sleep within the hour, but decided against going to the gym in the morning since I wanted to sleep more than 3.5 hours. That, however, probably wasn't a good choice. I had my weigh-in with Mark today and didn't lose any weight since last week. Then as we were working out, I admitted that my knee was bothering me and he got even more frustrated with me because I never wear my knee brace. Why? Because I hate the damn thing. It cuts into my skin right where my pants brush my leg every time I bend regardless of wearing the sleeve to protect my skin and putting all the padding on the brace. It takes forever for the cuts to heal and I'd rather not wear it when my knees are doing well. So, Mark got annoyed with me because he said it's hard enough keeping things low-impact and I'm just disregarding my own health. Blah, blah, blah. My knees have been doing pretty darn well lately so I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing. If I feel as though I need my brace, I'll wear it.


And to make matters worse, Mark took my kindle since I didn't lose any weight and now I've got nothing to read at the gym in the mornings. So it's going to take twice as much effort to motivate myself to get to the gym. Ughss.


So after the gym, I went to my mom's and started crying about how I'm not losing weight, how I don't have my kindle, and how I've disappointed Mark. Yeah, not fun. She was supportive though and had made an ultra healthy dinner for us: chicken with sauteed veggies. Thank goodness for her. After dinner, I mowed the lawn and then came home to blog to you to tell you that I'm going to redouble my efforts. I'll be the first to admit that I could've been more active this weekend. But since I wasn't, I'll have to be super active tomorrow and the rest of the week. Fortunately, Matt has planned a pretty active weekend for us in Grand Rapids, so I'm sure I'll be fine.


And I'm still eating well. Here's proof!
Breakfast: bagel thin with cream cheese 
Lunch: sushi and English muffin pizzas
Tomorrow morning I am going to head to the gym for heart rate cycling and at lunch, I will be picking up my bike, which is finally fixed! And then after work, I have more training with Mark. Wooo...

2 comments:

  1. Hello darling! I'm sorry that things have been a bit poopy lately. I hope that they start to pick up as you redouble your efforts! I know you can do it and I know you have no excuse. You get your butt to the gym and I will too!! <3 I love you sooooooo much!!!
    xoxoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we all have off weeks, and I think that is all this week was for you. You've lost 40 pounds! so far, so you were probably due for an off week this week. I'm sure next week will have a much better result for you.
    Reading your blog is always so inspiring to me, and it's helped me make changes to my own habits to become healthier too.

    ReplyDelete