Once I was in the room and all hooked up, I asked the doctor to give me as little of any sedative/loopy drug as possible because I didn't like feeling loopy/out of it. Then, as a bonus, he gave me a drug at the end to reverse the effects of the loopy stuff so that I could be competent again. Good. So, here are some pics:
| Pre-surgery |
| Immediately after - mmm, bloody gauze |
When I got home, I decided I would go upstairs and take a nap. I took Arthur (my computer) with me and found an e-mail from MSU telling me that I could switch to the Grand Rapids campus (from the East Lansing campus, the campus to which I was originally assigned). As this was what I originally wanted, I was pumped. But then I realized that I was pretty much already all set to move to East Lansing. As in, I already had the apartment, already made the UHaul reservation, and already became accustomed to hating where I was going to live for the next two years. But, after talking to a few people, I figured screw it. This is what I wanted in the first place and I'm not going to throw away this opportunity. So I began the tedium of calling up places to find apartments and will be seeing 10 apartments in Grand Rapids on Monday. Yikes! I also canceled my lease with the East Lansing place and ended up not napping at all.
For dinner, I had a Lean Cuisine macaroni and cheese my mom got me. I basically swallowed the noodles whole because it's hard to chew, and as I learned in my anatomy class, chewing is pretty unnecessary.
After dinner, we played Skip-Bo (and I won) and then I hung out for a bit until my mom decided I was fit to go home and spend the night by myself. When I got home, I was still hungry (probably because a smoothie, a yogurt, and a Lean Cuisine isn't exactly filling), so I made myself another Lean Cuisine.
It was pretty yummy. I also pretty much swallowed those whole because biting was a struggle. And since I had my camera out, I decided to snap another picture of me in recovery:
| You can tell the left side of my mouth is still a bit numb... |
Tomorrow I'm going to see the last part of Harry Potter in the morning. I'm told I'm going to be in a lot of pain, but I'm going to stick to tylenol so I can drive and be the self-sufficient 24-year-old I'm meant to be!
Have you had your wisdom teeth out? How was your recovery?
Yay! You survived! I had mine out in high school, when I was dating Chance. (LOL) I remember eating sherbet and thinking it was dripping down my chin because my chin was so numb... :P
ReplyDeleteAlso, YAY GRAND RAPIDS!!!!!!!!!! If you see my doucheface ex, please kick him in the junk for me. Repeatedly. :D I can't wait to come visit you! Find a sweet apartment! <3 love love love you most! <3
Mine was terrific. The worst part was waking up after the anesthesia because they had a hard time waking me up and I stopped breathing. Smelling salts = spawn of satan. Apart from that, I was great... never took a single pain drug (except Tylenol for the first day). The part I disliked the most was the dissolving stitches... try saying "Welcome to Tim Hortons" as a piece of stitch comes loose in your mouth. Nasty.
ReplyDelete