Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Mega Update

Time for a mega update! Last Thursday, I headed to Grand Rapids to spend the weekend with my best friend Matt. So, I shall update you from Thursday onwards. Get ready!


Thursday
After work, I headed straight to Ann Arbor to meet up with Matt. We drove to Grand Rapids/Dorr, said hi to his parents and neighbors, hopped in the hot tub, and headed to bed pretty early because we were going to have an early day on Friday.


Friday
We woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to go work out at a janky little gym in Dorr. I showed Matt some of my heart rate cycling fun and then we did some weights. I took some awesome photos, but you won't see them. Why? Because I lost my camera. Fortunately, my phone served as a back-up. So, you can see the lovely pictures of our breakfasts after our workout.
My breakfast: egg whites and a tiny slice of fruit pizza
Matt's breakfast: eggs, toast, and fruit pizza
Matt enjoying his breakfast
After breakfast, we headed to the mall to see Transformers with his friends Kristen and Jack. I probably would have enjoyed the movie more had the theater not been cooled to 65°F. I was much too busy shivering to really get into Shia's awesome physique, but I did like the movie and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it again.


After the movie, we had lunch and I grabbed some Panera. Matt had Subway and Kristen and Jack had what looked like some awesome Chinese.
My lunch: strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad
After lunch, we headed to Dick's Sporting Goods so Matt could get some lifting gloves. While we were there, I found that my favorite shorts were on sale, so I bought a pair of those. Then we headed home to nap. Once we had napped for a bit, we woke up and made dinner: chicken fajitas.
 Matt chopped the chicken while I sauteed the veggies. We used his mom's homemade salsa to add some flavor.
Our Spread
Matt prepping his fajitas
Me getting pumped for my fajita
We had a lovely meal chatting at the dinner table and then headed to bed early because we were going to have another early morning.

Saturday
Matt and I woke up at 6:20 in the morning to get our butts to one of the local YMCAs. We started out with a little bit of heart rate cycling and then I showed him a lot of the exercises that Mark and I do together. We had a pretty intense hour and 45 minute workout and then headed to pick up Ava, Matt's niece.

Once we were home, I made breakfast while Ava and Matt played outside in the pool. Then I watched Ava while Matt showered and we switched so I could de-stinkify. We got ready for the zoo and headed out. Once we got to the zoo, Ava got distracted by the park and then, after playing for some time, we went in and saw the animals. Once we were done at the zoo, we played in the park some more and then headed to the mall to meet up with Heather (Matt's sister). Ava fell asleep in the car and it was freaking adorable.
Tired little baby
Heather gave me a hair cut and then we did a little bit of shopping. Matt headed to Hollister to get some new shirts and a new pair of jeans. Then we headed to Sears for a bit with Heather. After that, Matt and I headed to dinner at a local restaurant, Monelli's. I got some salmon and Matt got a BLT pizza, but first we started out with some bread and oil.
Matt  getting ready for some bread
We chose to dip it in olive oil rather than use the butter 
The huge amount of cheese that I took off my salad to save some calories
My appetizer salad
My salmon with potatoes and asparagus
After dinner, we hit the headed home, hit the hot tub, and went to bed because we had yet another early morning the next day.

Sunday
We woke up at 8:00 in the morning to go meet up with my friend Eric and his wife Laurie in Grand Rapids. Eric and I go way back to elementary school, but once we went away to college, I didn't get to see him nearly as often. The last time I saw him was for his wedding last year (I took Matt as my date) and it was great seeing him again. We had brunch at a local restaurant and then headed back to Eric and Laurie's apartment to see their two new kittens. They were super adorable, as one would expect. After fulfilling our Itty Bitty Kitty Committee quota, we headed back to Ann Arbor.

Once there, Matt had to head to work and I headed to see if Jim was home. Fortunately, he was! So, after catching up a bit, Jim and I headed to Whole Foods to try every single sample they had out and so I could do some grocery shopping. After I was done spending a ridiculous amount of money, we headed to Walgreens so I could see Blake for a bit. Then I dropped Jim back off at home and headed back to Midland.

The drive home was long and had it been dark out, I may have fallen asleep. Matt and I certainly had an exhausting weekend. Once home, I vegged for a few hours and then headed to bed.

Monday
Due to a lack of sleep over the weekend, I decided to sleep in Monday morning and make up for it by going to the gym Tuesday morning. Work was more boring than even I could anticipate and it was rough getting through the day. Fortunately, I had the end of the day to look forward to when I decided to go buy a new camera. However, I haven't had a chance to use it just yet as my super cheap 8GB memory card will be arriving in the mail tomorrow.

I spent my evening cleaning up my kitchen, prepping food for the week, and cutting up fruit. And because I was exhausted still, I went to bed early. That's right, folks, no gym time on Monday...

Tuesday
When my alarm went off for a 5:30 wake-up, I shoved it back to 7:00 and went back to sleep. So, guess I'll be going to the gym tomorrow morning, Thursday morning, and Friday morning this week. Gah.

Work was super boring again. I literally had nothing to do. But, I had an optometrist's appointment at 3:30 so I was able to leave super early. Woot!

At the optometrist's, I had an eye exam, tried some new contacts, and looked at some new glasses. I'll be heading back in a few days to try a new frame in a different color and see how I like it.

After the optometrist's, I headed to the gym where Mark tortured me made me do some intense cardio for a half hour. I was pretty gross by the end and was happy it was over. The bad thing is that we meet again tomorrow. Not good.

Oh, and here is what I ate today:

Okay - this post has taken me a bit longer than I anticipated, so I'm going to cut it short and I will catch you guys tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hello darling! I'm soooooo excited you updated! I've been checking almost every day :D Yay for healthy choices on vacation! I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see you in 10 days!!!!!!! Yay weddings and open bars! :P I love you so much and I'm super proud of the work you've been doing and I can't wait to see your weigh in tomorrow!

    On a side note: shame on you for skipping the gym monday!!! I don't like hearing those excuses! You better get your butt to the gym every other day this week missy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete