This week, it looks like this:
Yup, same exact thing. Except my toes were prettier a week ago. I already knew this was going to be the case because of my crappy weigh-in yesterday, but boooooo. I really want this scale to move! So, I'm working on it. I went to the gym to do some heart rate cycling this morning and burned off 400 calories in 40 minutes. Not too shabby.
Work was super boring today. I didn't have much to do, so I sat at my desk and read the third book in The Hunger Games series on my computer via my kindle app. I also read it at the gym on my phone. Mark was not too thrilled that I found a way around my punishment. I told him that it must suck to lose, but that I wouldn't know because I always win. He pushed me pretty hard today to seek his revenge, but I performed beautifully despite him rocking the Bosu ball when I was standing on it, purposely counting wrong to make me do more reps, and winning the 100 ab/oblique challenge. Suck it, Mark. Not only do I still have access to my books, but I achieved every task you set for me and then some. Hail to the victor/me!
Anywho, backing up a tad. After the gym this morning, I made my favorite breakfast bagel.
It had two egg whites, turkey, and chive and onion cream cheese on an everything bagel.
During lunch, I went and picked up my bike since it was finally fixed. I am happy to report that it no longer looks like this. Thank goodness! I was in a hurry, so I didn't go on a test ride, but I did give the handlebars and seat a good tug to make sure they actually stayed put. We'll see for sure tomorrow morning when I take it out again!
Also during lunch, I made the first part of the fruit pizza I'm taking to Matt's house this weekend.
This is the sugar cookie crust. Now, normally when I make fruit pizza, a lot of the cookie dough finds it's way into my mouth and then my jaw seizes and I have no choice but to swallow the dough. Yup, that's exactly what happens. However, none of the dough found its way into my mouth this time because cookie dough clearly qualifies as dessert and I couldn't ruin my July Challenge. But man, was I ever wishing that it were August! Especially at work when some
Anywho, while the fruit pizza crust was baking, I made my lunch.
I had two pieces of sushi, but I forgot to take a picture before I ate one. Whoops. You can just look at yesterday's lunch if you want to know what two pieces of sushi look like...
So work after lunch was boring and then I came home early because my boss left early and with nothing to do, I wasn't about to stay there and hang out. Mark texted me to say he was going to be late, so I decided to make the rest of my fruit pizza.
This is going to be so freaking delicious! I can't wait to have a few small slices. Wooooot! Unfortunately, while I was peeling the kiwi, the peeler won that fight and I took a chunk out of my index finger which made finishing the fruit pizza a bit difficult. Then I got a text from Mark saying he was going to be on time after all so I had to scurry to finish the pizza without bleeding on it and get dressed for the gym. I still made it on time. I think that's why I won every little argument Mark and I had - because I had already started my awesome streak.
After my workout, I came home, cleaned my kitchen from the fruit pizza making and made dinner: garlic shrimp and sweet potato fries. Yum!
And now I'm updating you before I go read for a bit on my phone and then pack for my weekend in GR with Matt and his lovely family!
Has the scale ever stopped moving for you? What do you do to get it to start again?
Did I just read that you went to the gym in the morning?! YAY GO YOU!!!! That is so awesome!! :D And so is burning 400 cal! And go you for winning arguments with Mark :P Tee hee! I'm sorry the scale didn't move this week (as for my experiences, we've discussed this recently...) but I know with the way you keep working out and now having your bike back, you'll definitely see it go down next week!! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up!! :D
ReplyDelete