Monday, January 9, 2017

Day 9/365: Working to exhaustion

So last week got really busy. On Thursday night, I came home absolutely exhausted. I've worked every single day since December 27, which, by the time the weekend rolls around, will be 18 continuous days of working. And don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I don't love doing my job as often as I do. Anyway, Thursday, I came home and slept at like 6:30 p.m. and skipped the gym because my knees had blown up and I figured a day off was merited. On Friday, we bought a car, and after work, Nasur picked me up in his new wheels and we met up with a friend for sushi and a card game. I insisted on being home early since I knew I had to do a 24 hour shift the next day. Saturday, I woke up nice and early around 5 a.m. and then stayed up working until about 8 a.m. the next day. I slept a bit and then we drove the two hours to Midland to pick up my car (since Nasur had driven it to Midland on Friday to buy the new car), had dinner with my mother and Mark, and then we drove back home. We got home around 10 p.m. and then I slept for about 6 hours before having to get up and head to work again. It's been crazy. And today, as I was driving to the gym, I was on the phone with my mom and was complaining about how tired I was. She essentially said, "No shit you're tired," and then I opted to skip the gym again to head to bed early tonight. My goal is to be in bed by 7:30 p.m. so that I can get at least 9 hours of sleep tonight. 

Anyway, because I've missed the gym, I've been trying to be good about my eating. I kind of flubbed up over the weekend because there were interviews and they have Panera cater and I was left alone in a room with the leftovers all night. So, I wasn't eating super unhealthy things, per se, but I did have more to eat than I needed. Also, I took last night's dinner as an opportunity to eat more than necessary. But, I'm back on the tracking train and today was a good day. My dinner tonight was some laughing cow cheese wedges and pretzel chips because I wasn't that hungry and because cooking seems like too much work. 

I also weighed in this morning and had a loss, but not much. Probably because I could have done better with my eating on Saturday and Sunday. Anywho, I'm going back to everything full force tomorrow. I just really needed a rest day. Like really, really bad.


Nasur and his new set of wheels

Friday's sushi - Nasur and I split it

After Sunday dinner
Today's weigh-in


Today's selfie - hello, under-eye bags, and red eyes - sooo tired
Thanks for tuning in! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment