So today was a mostly good day. I did some intermittent fasting today and though I wasn't able to make it to the gym (because of doing a favor for that friend), I did get all of my steps in. It did require me to pace back and forth on the phone, but I did it!
Now, I mentioned intermittent fasting above. What is it? Well, it's called the Fast Diet. These two authors write about it and the research behind it is simply this: eat 600 calories in a day in two separate meals as far apart as possible (goal being at least 12 hours) and let your body do the work. The thinking behind it is that when our bodies first evolved, we were hunters and gatherers and there would be periods where food was just unavailable - fasting periods - and other periods where food was plentiful. The thought is that if we fast just two days a week, our body will utilize fuels better and optimize to what they should be doing. At the beginning of intern year, I fasted routinely for about 2 months and the weight came off pretty easily and I found that, at the end of the day, my food tasted much more flavorful. But, it is hard. When met with a lot of temptation, I have a hard time not giving in. Their advice is to stay hydrated as much as possible. So, that's what I try to do. I started the day with an extra large glass of crystal light, drank tea, and had a couple of C-sections thrown in there to keep me distracted. They point out in their book that hunger passes and you can always eat what's around later - the food won't disappear.
So, we'll see how that goes. My days that I'm going to fast are Mondays and Thursdays - my clinic days so that I'm not too idle.
Alright, cheers, friends!
![]() |
| Today's weigh-in |
![]() |
| Breakfast |
![]() |
| Dinner |
![]() |
| Couch blogging (not the toilet this time) |
See you tomorrow!




No comments:
Post a Comment