So one of the things that makes work difficult is that there's usually a lot of tasty stuff around. I told myself at the beginning of this journey that I would attempt to limit myself when it came to the good stuff. I guess I should technically say the unhealthy stuff, but let's be real, and healthy stuff is usually pretty damn good. So today, I went down to the coffee shop with one of my co-residents in the afternoon. I fully intended to leave empty-handed, and I did! My co-resident, however, did not. She bought one of the most delicious cookies at the coffee shop and asked me if I wanted to split it with her. I seriously said there and thought about it for a minute. Do I love those cookies? Yes. Do I need those cookies? No. Do I need those calories? No. So, did I put the cookie with her? Yes. Why? Because I did really want that cookie. And I don't want to deprive myself comma because then I just overeat. So, I figured half a cookie would not kill me or my new diet changes, and I wouldn't go crazy overeating later. So, I'm proud of myself.
I'm also proud of myself because today after having to work late, I still opted to go to the gym even though I really just wanted to go home. Go me.
And, that my friends, are the highlights of my day. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment