Sunday, August 17, 2014

Feeling a bit better

So, I was going to apologize for my semi-Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy post this morning, but then I was thinking to myself that I shouldn't have to apologize for feeling what I'm feeling. I deserve to feel how I want and not apologize for it. So, there you go. No apology for you.

The rest of the day was less tearful than the beginning. It included grocery shopping (for the few things I couldn't get at the farmer's market, i.e., cat food and cat litter), a phone call catching up with a friend, a video chat date, a nap, and a minimal amount of studying. So, I'm actually incredibly glad that tomorrow starts a new week. I need a fresh start. I need to get up, get studying, and get out of this funk. And given that tomorrow isn't supposed to be gross and rainy/cloudy, I'll be glad to see some sun and maybe get some studying done outdoors.

On the deck for tomorrow is a meeting with another one of my letter writers and a lunch date with a friend who's headed back to Ohio tomorrow for a while. So, I've gotta be super productive. My plan is to get up, do half a question set while I hydrate and eat a small snack, head to the gym, get home, shower, read, go to lunch, do some more reading, do some questions, head to see my letter writer, go to Zumba, and come back for more ready and questions. I'll let you know how my day goes.

I'm also going to do a weigh-in tomorrow despite not eating very awesome over the weekend. But, the scale doesn't lie and it's a good way for me to monitor my progress and set a new goal for next week. 

Today's positive: Going to the gym and eating well, despite feeling teary and sad for myself. It's hardest to do nice things for ourselves when we're not feeling great, so I'm glad I was able to do that for me.

And here are all the photos on my camera since my last post:

Friday's breakfast
My farmer's market outfit cuz it's cold as eff in Michigan lately
Best. Cinnamon. Roll. Of. My. Life.
Bagel for Saturday's breakfast
Mmm. Garlic. Mmm. Sourdough. Had to have it
Turned out to be only okay - this is a mini plate, btw - I didn't eat that much bread
Part 2 of lunch (part 1 was the bread)
Saturday's breakfast
Today's post-gym fuel
Today's breakfast/lunch
My farmer's market cauliflower, which I roasted tonight
Catch you tomorrow for a weigh-in!

2 comments:

  1. Your smoothies always look soooo good!! What recipes do you use?? I have got to start using my blender more and getting more protein in my system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda wing it: 1 cup of skim milk, 4 ice cubes, one packet of crystal light (to kill the nasty protein taste), ~70g of whatever frozen fruit I want (I've been digging the pineapple lately cuz it's summer). I've also made some with water, some with blueberries, bananas, raspberries, strawberries, etc.

    ReplyDelete