Thursday, August 14, 2014

If it weren't for the gym, I'd have no interaction with people

You guys. Studying all day everyday is so boring. If it weren't for gym trip #2 in the early evening, I'd be miserable. Fortunately, it's two weeks from today that I take my exam. I'm definitely not ready now, but I will be glad to have it over in two weeks. Blech. Studying all day. Not fun. Not at all. But, tomorrow I'm going to hit up the Fulton Street Farmer's Market after my morning gym trip. So, you know, that'll be exciting. I've never been there despite living in Grand Rapids for three years now. I also may take Bailey in for a weight check when I pick up his renewed prescription (the little guy has hyperthyroidism and gets half a pill twice a day (with treats afterward each time otherwise I'd never get him to take the damn pill)). He lost a bunch of weight a while ago and wasn't gaining despite no changes in appetite and when I finally took him to the vet, they told me he'd need to be medicated for life. Great. But at least he's gained weight. After a month of his thyroid pills, he put on 1.25 pounds and weighed in at a whopping 7.75 pounds in mid-June. We'll see what he is now. If I don't take him tomorrow, we'll go Monday for sure. I don't want to make all my exciting trips in one day.

Saturday I have an orientation to my elective in Malawi (that's in Africa, folks) next year. It's up in Traverse City. I'm thinking I'll make a day of it and take my study stuff and study outside/in some coffee shop in Traverse City. I also have a housewarming party for a friend nearby Grand Rapids. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it given the 5 hours I'll be losing for travel to and from Traverse City, but I'm going to try my best.

In other news, I have no other news because my life is boring. So, here are some photos from the day.

Pre-gym fuel
The yellow thing in my gym bag is Bailey's toy - guess he wanted me to be entertained at the gym
Post-gym protein shake
Maize and Blue forever!
I chopped a watermelon today. Nearly went overboard with exciting things today
The first bowl of watermelon I ate
Leftover mac and cheese - so many calories.
Lunch, part 2
Second bowl of watermelon
Decided to make taco meat for my dinner during a study break
Browning the meat and watching America's Got Talent 
Pre-gym trip #2 refueling
Tacos didn't sound appealing, so ice cream for dinner! Cuz I'm an adult. And I really wanted it
Today's positive: Waiting the whole day to figure out if I really wanted ice cream or if it was just a simple craving. Nope. Really wanted it. I was craving blue moon or super scoop, but the place didn't have either and the lady working suggested the Mackinaw Island Fudge. It was okay, but I'm in no hurry to have it again. I'm just glad I didn't head to meijer and buy ice cream. Had I done that, I could very well have eaten half the tub before stopping myself. So, there you go. A little victory for me!

1 comment:

  1. Danika, you are AWESOME!! You know what I think when I read this post? 1) You work so hard studying AND you get to the gym 2x a day. Holy shit. 2) You are so kind. I know how much fun you're going to have in Malawi and I know it's going to be an amazing experience. Also, despite calling him Boogers, you love Bailey Butt and I think it's totes adorbs. 3) The self-control you showed with the ice cream is PHENOMENAL!!!!!! OMG GO YOU!!! I would have bought the half gallon, or gotten a 3-scoop cone saying "Oh I never do this let's treat myself". But you waited to see what your body was saying, you got just enough to satisfy the craving, and that was that. That's not "just" a positive, that is EPIC POSITIVE!!!!!! Keep it up and I KNOW you can make your goal weight. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete